• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where is our reporter???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

irunfromreds

well i have been playing origin for about a year and i have yet to see our reporters report on something other than the main storyline,i see on other shard forums where they report on EVERYTHING, from new guilds to player run events and much more.I havent seen our main reporter post jack crap about anything on origin, not even the storyline....you know who you are.This is not a dead shard so dont use that excuse.Either start reporting on stuff or give up the job!!!!!!

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well i have been playing origin for about a year and i have yet to see our reporters report on something other than the main storyline,i see on other shard forums where they report on EVERYTHING, from new guilds to player run events and much more.I havent seen our main reporter post jack crap about anything on origin, not even the storyline....you know who you are.This is not a dead shard so dont use that excuse.Either start reporting on stuff or give up the job!!!!!!
Daine, actually does a better job than most reporters!!!!!!!! she also runs a large guild, and some times gets to play! and she has sponsored a bunch of activities, so if failed to see that u must have been playing another shard LOL!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Excuse me??? If you have an issue with me, maybe try talking to me in private???? Wow....

Daine is doing a bang up job, seeing as I am the ONLY General and Community News Reporter for Stratics I have ALOT more to cover then Daine and having the help HERE on Origin is SO appriciated you have no idea.

There is NO MAIN Origin Reporter, we are ALL Equal, and to say that makes me feel you think Daine is in some way inferior..which is not true and kinda rude in my opinion.

P

Peppermace

Lol I don't play on Origin all that much and even this outsider will tell you Daine is a pretty darn good reporter lol. She's run events recently and even checks out whats happening on other shards for ideas. So be nice :p. If you don't like whats happening, or think something things are being overlooked, apply to be a reporter yourself.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*flicks your ear*

If only people had a clue how much personal volunteered time goes into being a reporter they might relaaax a bit on the critiques. Be nice afore I xfer to Origin and make you change your name to irunfromairmid when I get you down and lick your eyeball :lick:

I wish I had Daines abilities and creativity. I have always been treated so warmly when I visit your shard.

hugs,
Airmid

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From my experiences within the media area, both internet and TV, there are many types of News. The majority of News articles are press releases. Then there are News Reports such as interviews and general "happening" reporting. As well, there are News Articles on Events, both Player and Game.

The main issue I take it that you have is the lack of Player Event Reporting. Unfortunately, I do not see that as blamable upon our Reporters, for our Reporters only know of Events when they are informed. We are not a mega-media news company like you see on News. We do not have paid Reporters that spend all of their "working" time finding news to report on. Those that do, go out of their own way and spend their own personal time volunteering to go find such news.

First, I'd suggest to give an ounce of respect to those who have so graciously volunteered their time to bring some news, any news at all, to Origin.

Second, I'd suggest to start submitting known Player Events to your Shard's Reporters so they can, you know, know that the Event is taking place and they can try and find the time, their own volunteered time they unselfishly give to the Shard, to report on it.

Such submissions for Origin can be emailed to [email protected].
For a full list of where to send news by section or shard, go here.

Thirdly, I'd suggest to send future complaints about Stratics Staff to [email protected] and not spiel about it on the forums. With all that said, this discussion is closed.

G

Ghost_Writer

If you think you can do a better job I'll be glad to review your application. Otherwise as manager here I reserve the right to critique my staff. And in my opinion they are both doing a fine job. If you have any complaints about them you can take them up with me personally.

Thank you,
Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.