• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where did the Bug Tracking forum go?

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It was there yesterday but disappeared today. Has it been replaced by the Broadsword form? If I submitted a bug earlier this week did it get to the devs or do I need to fill out that form? As of yesterday my bug wasn't 'approved' by a moderator. Why and how long does it take?

Why was this done? I, for one, like to know what the current bugs are to avoid the pitfalls others have encountered.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about the Tech forum? I was looking for that the other day because there was some stickies I used for reference.

Oscar the Grouch

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
How about the Tech forum? I was looking for that the other day because there was some stickies I used for reference.
I haven't moved that recently but I recall another Admin shifting that around a few months ago. Funny I remember looking for that myself. Let me see if I can nail down where it is.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It was there yesterday but disappeared today. Has it been replaced by the Broadsword form? If I submitted a bug earlier this week did it get to the devs or do I need to fill out that form? As of yesterday my bug wasn't 'approved' by a moderator. Why and how long does it take?

Why was this done? I, for one, like to know what the current bugs are to avoid the pitfalls others have encountered.
I approved the post you submitted yesterday, so wherever the posts went to it should be there and visible. I've been the one approving the dev board posts for a while but I've never let one sit there longer than a day, so not sure why yours wasn't approved when you checked. Some posts take a little longer than others because we have to check them extremely carefully to make sure there is no description of how to do exploits in them, but most of the time they get approved in a day or less.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

You didn't hear? They fixed them all!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Archived?

This doesn't sound or look good.

Did you actually lose the involvement and the direct participation of the Developers on Stratics? Now the entire Developer section is "archived" ?

What is the real store with this?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is archived, I'll be making a post about the Developer section when the updates are done. Broadsword would like you to submit bugs to them directly. We've created a link here:

http://stratics.com/link-forums/broadsword-contact-form.1012/
This could use some improvement. You use that link to submit a bug and don't get any confirmation that the report has been sent or anything. It just takes you back to the UO.com homepage after you hit submit.

I know its nothing to do with Stratics but maybe the devs will see.

Do I need to submit a bug report about the bug reporting page having a possible bug? Oh man...

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This could use some improvement. You use that link to submit a bug and don't get any confirmation that the report has been sent or anything. It just takes you back to the UO.com homepage after you hit submit.

I know its nothing to do with Stratics but maybe the devs will see.

Do I need to submit a bug report about the bug reporting page having a possible bug? Oh man...
That would be amusing if nothing else.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Archived?

This doesn't sound or look good.

Did you actually lose the involvement and the direct participation of the Developers on Stratics? Now the entire Developer section is "archived" ?

What is the real store with this?

Nah, we asked them if it would be easier for them to have it done this way. They have a limited staff and are working on a full blow expansion, the time they get to follow up here is probably very limited at the moment so it's most likely true that dealing with direct e-mails is more efficient than browsing through a bug report forum.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Nah, we asked them if it would be easier for them to have it done this way. They have a limited staff and are working on a full blow expansion, the time they get to follow up here is probably very limited at the moment so it's most likely true that dealing with direct e-mails is more efficient than browsing through a bug report forum.
Ok so what I hear you saying is, Stratics asked if "would be easier to just connect the bug report to the Broadsword reporting system" and their response was "Yeah we don't have time to engage with anyone on Stratics anymore so just archive our whole Developer section. We won't be watching it or responding anyway"

This is not a small event and it does have major ramifications for this community.

I wouldn't take this lightly people go where the Developers interact with them. The Developers do have a need to interact with their client base in order to better the game over time.

If that place is not Stratics then where? Are we looking at an upcoming Broadsword sponsored forums?

Last edited:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ok so what I hear you saying is, Stratics asked if "would be easier to just connect the bug report to the Broadsword reporting system" and their response was "Yeah we don't have time to engage with anyone on Stratics anymore so just archive our whole Developer section. We won't be watching it or responding anyway"
Not exactly, they still visit, but the frequency is more limited. If a critical bug is reported, instead of waiting days for them to see it, I'm pretty sure there is someone at their office that screens all the e-mails they get and can send it to their QA.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Oscar the Grouch

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
we should still probably have some sort of bug forum so that players can know what bugs may need to be worried about. I suppose the place to do this now is UOhall if its a potentially dangerous bug.
Exactly. People seem to get help quicker when posting questions here. It also seems the devs respond more readily to posts made here that relate to them. Our biggest thing is we did not want to present the expectation of receiving responses from the devs when that wasn't necessarily the case. Any posts the devs make will still be automatically added to the developer feed.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Exactly. People seem to get help quicker when posting questions here. It also seems the devs respond more readily to posts made here that relate to them. Our biggest thing is we did not want to present the expectation of receiving responses from the devs when that wasn't necessarily the case. Any posts the devs make will still be automatically added to the developer feed.
The "Archived" Developer's feed

Oscar the Grouch

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
The "Archived" Developer's feed
Incorrect good sir, the developers feed is active and was not moved with the bug report forums and so forth. The forums that were archived are:

Bug Tracking
Ask the Devs
Beta Testing Archive

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Ok I'll stand corrected on that one

Guess I am use to it being somewhere else

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder, if Stratics went the "wiki" route, if that would be a better way for the community to track bugs than on a forum. Not sure if it's a good or bad idea, but in my mind the format might be better for tracking and organizing a bug list, giving each bug its own page to describe its causes and effects. I dunno. But I always appreciated that Stratics had some means for players to track bugs in the past.

Oscar the Grouch

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I wonder, if Stratics went the "wiki" route, if that would be a better way for the community to track bugs than on a forum. Not sure if it's a good or bad idea, but in my mind the format might be better for tracking and organizing a bug list, giving each bug its own page to describe its causes and effects. I dunno. But I always appreciated that Stratics had some means for players to track bugs in the past.
I am very interested in this. What if there was a "bug feed" that organized discussions about bugs? So the discussions would happen in UHall where there is activity and visibility but they would have organization in a special area so people could easily check things out if they are looking to see if others have already experienced things they have? I'd still recommend submitting the bug reports to Broadsword and would want to ensure people realize there is no expectation on Broadsword to monitor that area. Also rules would still apply about not posting exploits of course.

I am not saying this is something we would do, just getting feedback on how we could make things better.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure there will be a brand new bug reporting feature on the elusive new website that is "coming soon". :D
What for?! UO is bug free, no need for that silly option! :D

How many coming soon stuff were announced in 2003? Cant wait! Lol

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reasons the bug forum needs to return:

The bug process needs to be open for all players to see for the following reasons.
  • If a player can see their bug has been posted already, this would prevent duplicate reports being sent.
  • Players can then actively discuss their experiences with certain bugs to help narrow down when the bug occurs, or even assist other players to say, 'hey this is not a bug you need to be doing this or that'
  • Developers have a habbit of Closing a bug report and saying "it's a feature" when it clearly isn't, this process needs to be open to the paying subscribers to audit, it's not acceptable for a developer to call a bug a feature.
  • The paying subscribers should be able to view how well/badly the developers are doing with bug squishing, i for one know there are simple little bugs over 10 years old now, i know reports have been submitted. do we need to resubmit them each year?? a bug forum would allow players to view the progress or lack thereof of bugs.