• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Where can i get the 1st and 2nd edition of The Yew Times?

Hell's Ironworks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great ty!

I stumbled on vol 3 about a week ago , red it and locked it down at my shipyards next to the benches for peeps to read.

Didnt know there was a 4 & 5.

Anyway, nicely done!

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Issue #6 will be out Sunday night. It is written and such by Cor, I just need to put it in the books and space things out and such. We are "trying" (though sometimes fail) to hand out a new copy of an issue every Sunday at 9:15 eastern at the Empath Abbey in Trammel. We try to have an issue every week but not sure how long that will last. Orginaly it started out to be bi-weekly. Some of the stories in the books will be brought into the game as mystery type, hoping enough clues and charaters will get people working together to solve things to complete the stories from the papers. Others are just game background, gonna to try explain somethings that are in the game but put meaning behind them. "Why do your lobster traps get pulled down into the depths?" A whole story is worked out to explain all that but little by little it is added as people learn what causes them to be hauled down.

I want to do write up of historic places (as we did Serpent Cross Tavern) in future issues. I really wanted to do Atlantic Mage Tower first, but really didn't know how to contact you Halister and my memory isn't the greatest anymore. AMC is still running around the game or was a year or so ago but havn't seen him in awhile. Also I want let people write up about thier guilds and such. The issues, I want to keep entertaining so the backgrounds of guilds or places might be in an issue a month or so, or fillers. I don't really want them to be to long due to I try to keep each issue around 40 pages and try to keep things in game(no email,webpages, icq, or anything like that).
The advertisment we did, we was actualy paid for by the people, and it was Silverfox's idea. They pretty much donated a million gold for two months worth of adds, but we are spacing them out, so 8 weeks or so. One issue we put in a cost of 10k per page or so.

Each book is labeled by "Yew Town Council" but all this is a few people (moslty one that writes) that puts ideas together and I sit down and figure what will go in the issue or be moved to next week's. Someday I would like to get an elected mayor again for Yew and start working on events around the Yew area (at player towns or at the npc town) with people. We never was about promoting ourselves, we was about helping the guilds to better themselves that put thier time into helping us to make the Yew area active.

Sorry this is so long, it is 3am and I just ramble at times. Any ideas for this little Yew Times things is welcomed. Any stories are welcomed aswell. My email is [email protected] for the stories if anyone wishes to write something up.

It is cool to see people enjoying or even talking about the work Cor and others has put into this. If we miss a week, sorry in advance lol.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new number 6, for the ones I droped off at the mailbox's. Could you please take the extra c out of exercise page one, and on page two, delete the double vartlet before you seal the books or make copies for others.
Thanks, our proofreader failed us tonight. :popcorn: