• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where can i find a file for UO Auto-Map...

C

Copernicus

I have jsut recently reformated my HD and now i cant find the file containing all the locations of treasure chests. Can anyone post me a link to the MAP file pls.
I looked all over stratics but could not find it, thank you kindly

D

dawson2005

I thought I would note that after you download this file you unzip and upload it to Program Files/UOAM. After that, in order to get it to show the locations you need to open UO AutoMap and go to the Map Menu. Drag down on the map menu to additional settings. On the UOAM Control Panel gump chose the Files tab. Then click on the T-Hunt check box. After you do all of that you will have the map locations come up. I hope that helps.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The newest version of the file is in one of the other sticky posts above.

Create a text file called "treasure.map" with notepad, then paste the file data in the post above into it.

G

This program no longer works with UO does it? I am asking because no matter what I do when it opens it stays with the location unmoving. To me this is a big loss to the game of UO. I depended on this program immensely.

G

you need to have uoassist installed on your pc for uoa map to function properly!

Could that be your problem?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, you don't even have to have the pay version of UOA for it to sync that way - even the trial-expired version of UOA will make UOAM sync properly, so long as its open.

There is also a box in UOAM that Duncan may not have checked - the box makes the map follow the character, IIRC, and if unchecked, would cause it to stay in one spot.

G

Boy I am really confused now. I do have UOA and use it to run UO. I tried the calibrating on the menu but nothing changed. I am going to have to log in and see what I am doing wrong. I thought since the last patch this was no longer working. *sigh*

G

Shortly after each UO patch UOA map patches as well.

You must let UOA map patch in order forit to work.

Not sure what else to suggest Duncan! If you still can't get it to work...perhaps uninstall and re-install.

I use uoa map nightly...and have had no problems with it running lately.

TW

G

I don't know what I was doing wrong before but I do have it working now. Boy am I glad to see this map again. Now to download these map files and get on with having fun.
I did have to reinstall and set up the performance settings again for it to work. Something must have gone wrong in the first download.