• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where am I???

K

Karma Sutra

Sorry to do another post so quick, but ermmmm.... when I left to post my other question, I lowered the EALand window so I could get onto the Net... now when I try to go back to EALand, it does not show that I'm in the game anywhere, I can't find it, and when I try to re-log in, it says only "one instance of the game can be running at the same time"... holy hell, what is goin on????? hahaha!!!

How can I better explain this... at the very bottom of our monitors, if you mouse over, it shows you what programs you have running... EALand is not there, as a matter of fact, when I close out the Stratics window, nothing at all shows up... yet if I try to log into EALand, I get that message.... oh man...

G

Hit CTRL ALT DEL to bring up your taskbar and you'll see the game still running. Happened to me the other day.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hit CTRL ALT DEL to bring up your taskbar and you'll see the game still running. Happened to me the other day.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup I've had to do that before, and other times I've just had to plain reboot...rebooting clears the 'other instance' from memory so you can just log back in after that. Rebooting my computer is a royal pain because of how it's set up, so luckily that doesn't happen to often.

G

There are 2 ways to access the game

1. Open something that use low-memory or whatever (MS Paint or Notebook for example)
2. Press Alt+Tab and Navigate to EAL.

OR

1.Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete
2.(works with Xp and maybe above) Go to Proccess (stuff that are running currently, like explorer.exe and stuff (DO NOT SHUT THEM DOWN!)
3.Look for TSO.exe, and click to end process*

*This works if you have your game off, and you still get instance runnin' when you're game didn't shut off properly, I had it WAY before TSO-E Blog.

G

Sometimes the game window disappears or goes black when focus is switched away from it (particularly by a screen saver, but it can happen with other windows as well). The way to fix this is to go into your Display Properties, switch to 32-bit colors, then back to 16-bit colors.