• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When your Metal weapons start to break

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wasn't sure how much of this is common knowledge.

Enhancing with Dull copper gives you +100% Durability. So if you are out there using metal weapons that aren't enhanced and their max durability drops to 128, you can enhance them with Dull Copper to bump them back to 255.

Last edited:

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you can't enhanced imbued weaps so that's not an option.
[bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:)[/bcolor]
I'll take this as a teaching opportunity. I did change the material to dull copper after your post though because I remembered that shadow iron enhances will break 100% Cold weapons. And apparently I forgot that dull copper gives +100 Durability

1. You very much can enhance weapons after they have been imbued. Assuming they were crafted with Iron in the first place.

2. You can use a forged metal artifact for 100% Enhance chance. This is a bit costly though, it is cheaper to just remake the weapons if you have the materials.

3. You have a VERY high % Chance to enhance weapons with any material other than gold, so long as it wouldn't push the elemental damage past 100%. I often craft iron weapons, imbue them, and then enhance them afterwards with Agapite/bronze because they never break on me.

Don't have to take my word for it though, copy them over to test center and attempt the enhance.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here you go, I took 16 100% Elemental weapons from my armory, pofed them to 130 and imbued them. Then I enhanced them all with Dull Copper. 100% Success rate. It was with an ash hammer +60 but I'd bet it's still 100% At 120.

Scruffy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Not to derail this thread but can you explain to me step by step how you make those weapons? Items used and such? If its too much I understand. About to try imbueing with my crafter and those are exactly what i want.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not to derail this thread but can you explain to me step by step how you make those weapons? Items used and such? If its too much I understand. About to try imbueing with my crafter and those are exactly what i want.
Not Derailing at all. I do not suggest pofing to 130 Durability and then enhancing with DC though. That was just to prove it could be done after the weapons have taken a beating down to 130/130.

Those are Non Exceptional Weapons. Which means they get -50 Imbuing weight. BUT it frees up the Damage increase slot without having to use a whetstone. On two handed weapons this means 550% Imbuing weight total. I find this is more than enough for most weapons.

To make these I Have a crafter with 80.0 Blacksmithing. You don't want your blacksmithing to be too much higher because you start getting the Higher percent to make exceptional weapons. 80 gives you 80/20 normal/exceptional.

You want to craft the weapon with iron ingots, save the non exceptional ones and then using a shadow runic hammer while near a soulforge you will reforge.

Powerful
Grand
Inspired ( Exquisite of Quality)

Here is a link to reforging on Uoguide

Runic Re-Forging - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

It will take a few hammers.

Once you get your 100% Elemental weapons, you want to POF them up to 255/255 and imbue them with the mods you want.

Here is a link to Knuckleheads imbuing calculator which is a great tool for figuring out what you want to put on your weapons and the resources you will need.

Imbuing Calculator | Knuckleheads.dk

And here is a link to Imbuing on Uoguide.

Imbuing - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Damn, I didnt know that about enhancing with lesser ingots! I craft a lot more bows than metal weapons, and it's a real pain. No skill bonus items and 100 skill cap.

I'd argue the cost of the risk of losing the weapon, if it is as easy as King Greg suggests, is negligible since most melee characters have duplicates, and ideally you're waiting till you are already risking losing the weapon to durability loss anyway.

I dont think there is anything wrong with the OP editing his original post, to provide any future readers the most accurate information possible. Maybe some credit could be given to the nxt homey down for the helpful reminder, and we could have saved our palates all this saltiness! Lol

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Damn, I didnt know that about enhancing with lesser ingots! I craft a lot more bows than metal weapons, and it's a real pain. No skill bonus items and 100 skill cap.

I'd argue the cost of the risk of losing the weapon, if it is as easy as King Greg suggests, is negligible since most melee characters have duplicates, and ideally you're waiting till you are already risking losing the weapon to durability loss anyway.

I dont think there is anything wrong with the OP editing his original post, to provide any future readers the most accurate information possible. Maybe some credit could be given to the nxt homey down for the helpful reminder, and we could have saved our palates all this saltiness! Lol
I should of just started by making the video showing it. I was too excited at the epiphany and wanted to share. If @Keven2002 would like to edit/remove his posts i'll do the same to my replies to give the readers less salt intake, we get enough everywhere else.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Excess salt is bad for the heart, figuratively *and* literally, right?!

A marvelous epiphany and very cool post. The enhancing video is cool, too, as I never would have guessed the success rate could be so high even with an ASH. Would be great for any weapons you didnt have to already enhance for 100% elemental damage. Gives a new use for those piles of dull copper ingots, and the lulz you might get from people seeing "dull copper double axe" have a value of their own.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Excess salt is bad for the heart, figuratively *and* literally, right?!

A marvelous epiphany and very cool post. The enhancing video is cool, too, as I never would have guessed the success rate could be so high even with an ASH. Would be great for any weapons you didnt have to already enhance for 100% elemental damage. Gives a new use for those piles of dull copper ingots, and the lulz you might get from people seeing "dull copper double axe" have a value of their own.
Woods are a bit trickier. I honestly haven't tried enhancing any weapons with wood in ~ 7 years without a forged metal artifact. My guild used to make their pvp bows without forged metal artifacts though. I just don't remember the break rate.

I'll give it a whirl. I think the biggest thing will be Whether the mods you are enhancing are already on the weapon. So enhancing for 40% Swing Speed will be harder than enhancing +10 swing speed on something with 0.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is a fantastic thread. I learned a lot from it. Thank you for sharing this information.