• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When will we get the new cacao tree seeds??

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's the holdup? They keep getting delayed...we've been waiting for months now!

B

BartofCats

personally I really dont care when the cocoa trees/seeds come in. they are not needed at the moment as the ingrediants are still on the paragons in Ilshnear.

Besides, we all know, a cocoa tree will not make it into the game, its much easier to set the baker NPC's to just sell the ingrediants.

D

Dexdash

i heard it was a 15 year vet reward that has to be paid in advance this year limited time only

M

Melina Havelock

What's the holdup? They keep getting delayed...we've been waiting for months now!
I no longer care about the trees. I'm sick of asking over and over and STILL no answer. If the trees are on hold or no longer coming, tell us. If they don't plan to update gardening and add new generations, tell us. Of course that would be C O M M U N I C A T I O N. Clearly asking too much. :talktothehand:

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would Jeremy or a Dev please answer this? And say specifically which publish the seeds will be introduced in, or explain what the holdup is??

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes please when on the seeds?

Or are we supposed to plant those numerous new shaped gems? :(

Are we actually getting them?

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:grrr:

I'm going to guess it's another one of those famous UO ideas that will never come to be. There's been hundreds of ideas that they start to implement but toss to the side to work on something else or they say it isn't feasable.

I quit holding my breath after this publish.:(

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We really deserve an answer on this!! Is it even in the project plan somewhere anymore?

Were the tree seeds coded, but not tested?

Was a bug found that made you guys pull them from the publish?

WHY aren't they getting added to the next publish?

WHICH PUBLISH are they going to be in??

OR are we just not going to get them at all???

*brandishes watering can*

M

Melina Havelock

Hyssmaye,

I'm afraid we are :bdh: on this. *sigh* I suppose I do still care a little about it, if for no other reason that my fellow chefs and gardeners get an answer.

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The least the devs could do is give us a straight forward reply. Yes, we will introduce cacao seeds. No, we aren't introducing cacao seeds.

Just a simply reply would be greatly appriciated and might generate a bit more respect in the long run instead of avoiding it.

Vesta

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[still looking for the cocoa seeds] cacao

Who switched the o and the a's? :party:

H

Hunters Moon

The seeds will be given to us on the same publish that SP RoT is fixed and the tamer template is balanced in relation to other templates.

H

Hunters Moon

I no longer care about the trees. I'm sick of asking over and over and STILL no answer. If the trees are on hold or no longer coming, tell us. If they don't plan to update gardening and add new generations, tell us. Of course that would be C O M M U N I C A T I O N. Clearly asking too much. :talktothehand:
Communication with the player base is against EA/Mythic policy.

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe Bob can tell us when we'll get them :)

Cacao actually is the name of the RL tree (Theobroma Cacao). "Cocoa tree" would be okay - but I hope they're not labelled "Chocolate Tree", since I'm also a RL gardener and appreciate correct plant names ;)

Actually, at this point I'll even take "chocolate tree" I JUST WANT THEM RIGHT NOW NOW NOW.

:rant2:

H

Hunters Moon

Cal answered to this question in the interview by UO Forums.(Cf.here)
17) Why did you have to bump the cocoa trees/seeds? I do not have a gardener, but was it that hard to work in? I am guessing you would just rehue/rename a current tree graphic and seed.

Ummm these are in our milestone schedule and you will see them very soon.