• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When will UO Devs be back to work?

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's take a poll here.

We already know it is not Dec 26 like most working people.

So Dec 29 (I doubt it)

or Jan 5 (more likely)

A

AesSedai

- r u relentless?

Have you read UO Stratics for more than a year?
Have you paid attention to UO for a few years?
If so, then you would already know you are just making a fuss when you should know this is their (EA's) downtime.

Hey, if you are truly new to UO, then I apologize.

Otherwise, please stop making a fuss about EA employees actually having a break from their standard 40/60/80 hour work week.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's a legtimate concern for customers. not sure how it isn't maybe you can explain that to me since you are an expert on having sympathy for a huge corporation that couldn't care less about you?

I understand the mods will probably just lock this thread because it is not something EA wants to be discussed on their "official UO forums"

Does Stratics get money from EA for running this forum? Probably.

A

AesSedai

- You know your other locked thread? Read that.
To recap: They are away on holiday.

I agree with your thought: This thread should be locked because you are just picking a nit; one that has already been answered for you.

No, Stratics does not get money from EA (unless both parties have been lying to us all this time).

J

jelinidas

Let's take a poll here.

So Dec 29 (I doubt it)

or Jan 5 (more likely)
I know Im not going back until the 5th!

What makes you think they should get no holiday time off? Because you have to work, they have to?
Dude, I have said this before...FIND ANOTHER GAME! You are not happy here. NOTHING they can do can make it right for you. MOVE ON, get a life. At least a new pixel life.

I am so tired of your negitive posts. I'm quite sure they are too. 99% of the time, I just skip when I see your name. Just like they do!

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let's take a poll here.

So Dec 29 (I doubt it)

or Jan 5 (more likely)
I know Im not going back until the 5th!

What makes you think they should get no holiday time off? Because you have to work, they have to?
Dude, I have said this before...FIND ANOTHER GAME! You are not happy here. NOTHING they can do can make it right for you. MOVE ON, get a life. At least a new pixel life.

I am so tired of your negitive posts. I'm quite sure they are too. 99% of the time, I just skip when I see your name. Just like they do!
pretty sure its true. your not happy here. ive seen that your a really nice guy. but go be happy somewhere.

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish they would ban you permanently.
I don't, actually. Yes, drinkbeerallday is a four-letter word, for sure. I know it. You know it. He knows it. So I doubt this paragraph is offensive to anyone.

But every community has a drinkbeerallday, and most I've seen are far worse than ours. At least ours can spell; and at least we're able to understand the reasoning behind his points, even when we don't agree with him.

He's a big grouch, but I think you people take him too seriously. On the other hand, the devs may read his posts more often than you'd expect. He's not afraid to go to bat for concerns that he feels are legitimate. He shouldn't be allowed to make personal attacks (nor should anyone). But he should be allowed to defend his ideas and complaints about the game.

S

Sweeney

I don't, actually. Yes, drinkbeerallday is a four-letter word, for sure. I know it. You know it. He knows it. So I doubt this paragraph is offensive to anyone.

But every community has a drinkbeerallday, and most I've seen are far worse than ours. At least ours can spell; and at least we're able to understand the reasoning behind his points, even when we don't agree with him.

He's a big grouch, but I think you people take him too seriously. On the other hand, the devs may read his posts more often than you'd expect. He's not afraid to go to bat for concerns that he feels are legitimate. He shouldn't be allowed to make personal attacks (nor should anyone). But he should be allowed to defend his ideas and complaints about the game.
Regardless if they're able to read or not. (See previous dev post regarding no FoF this week). Methinks he posts for the count, or for recognition by people such as you. Why defend a post that has previously been answered ahead of time? (See previous postcount+1 post)

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regardless if they're able to read or not. (See previous dev post regarding no FoF this week). Methinks he posts for the count, or for recognition by people such as you. Why defend a post that has previously been answered ahead of time? (See previous postcount+1 post)
I'm not defending this particular thread-- in fact, in this case, he is bordering on grief-style harassment albeit subtly. I think mods should pull on the leash when a thread like this is made. However, banning him without warning would be censorship. That would be a little extreme. I'm sure drinkbeerallday hasn't made the dev team cry yet.

I agree that he posts for acknowledgment. I think most of us do. However, most of us also exhibit traits like restraint, maturity, self-moderation or tact.

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:postcount: X 2

:bdh: X infinity
Posts like this are worse than most of drinkbeerallday's posts. I call them hit-and-run posts. They are quick, and thoughtless, and often the commenter never even returns to read his replies. If you can't make a point that is worth at least one complete sentence, then your point is either obvious, or it sucks. Either way, it isn't constructive.

S

Sweeney

I'm not defending this particular thread-- in fact, in this case, he is bordering on grief-style harassment albeit subtly. I think mods should pull on the leash when a thread like this is made. However, banning him without warning would be censorship. That would be a little extreme. I'm sure drinkbeerallday hasn't made the dev team cry yet.

I agree that he posts for acknowledgment. I think most of us do. However, most of us also exhibit traits like restraint, maturity, self-moderation or tact.
I am convinced he posts for the egotistical acknowledgement. I have yet to see evidence otherwise. Most or his new threads (I have not checked all) regard previously brought up issues. I am not here to mock this man.. just this thread and all of his threads. If he had I new idea I would be glad to support it if warranted.. but he never gives acknowledgment to previous ideas and insidiously claims them as his own.

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am convinced he posts for the egotistical acknowledgement. I have yet to see evidence otherwise. Most or his new threads (I have not checked all) regard previously brought up issues. I am not here to mock this man.. just this thread and all of his threads. If he had I new idea I would be glad to support it if warranted.. but he never gives acknowledgment to previous ideas and insidiously claims them as his own.
Someone would sure have a lot of work to do if stuff like this was bannable.

H

Heartseeker

To the OP.

Are you like 10, or just have nothing to do but make useless posts.

Every day there is some a$$hat posting something like this.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrr, ye all know they be needin' ta decompress after the trauma o' movin' during the holidays last year!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
:postcount: X 2

:bdh: X infinity
Posts like this are worse than most of drinkbeerallday's posts. I call them hit-and-run posts. They are quick, and thoughtless, and often the commenter never even returns to read his replies. If you can't make a point that is worth at least one complete sentence, then your point is either obvious, or it sucks. Either way, it isn't constructive.
Or perhaps they are made by people who've been around long enough to see this kind of dribble posted semi-annually for years and are really just bored with the childishness of it all and don't feel the need to put it all into one complete sentence.

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to fuel this post on devs, but are there any gm's workin as of late? There's been an afk macroer in a private house working up disco for the past couple days. I've tried several times to report him and dont even get a canned response. Rather frustrating.:thumbdown:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Or perhaps they are made by people who've been around long enough to see this kind of dribble posted semi-annually for years and are really just bored with the childishness of it all and don't feel the need to put it all into one complete sentence.
:thumbsup: