• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] When to unravel or to salvage?

K

Kayne

Hi All,

I don't have a high level imbuer and I haven't really kept up with it.

Ive got a stack of looted armor etc that I'm not sure if its better to salvage it or unravel it all.

In all the time I've played this game I have never really understood the stats on armor etc. Other than 100% LRC ofc lol

Whats a good rule of thumb in deciding?

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always unravel. Salvaging looted items only gets you regular ingots/leather/cloth, so that isn't worth doing. Go for the residue/essence/fragments.

K

Kayne

Or just use the EC and Pinco's UI.
That would be a great suggestion if I didn't hate using it...

Anyway thanks both for the help. Will take a look at the table and calculate up this stack of looted armour so I can salvage or imbue as required. Should help the imbue gains which will be nice

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For what it's worth, my quick and dirty solution to this when dealing with large amounts of looted items...

Using a *Human* character with only 20 JoAT Imbuing, do an Unravel Container on the gathered items. This skill level is too low to unravel anything seriously powerful. You will not recover anything but Residue at this level and will lose a few items that would, in better hands, have unravelled to Essence. However, you will be left with the 5-10% of items that might give better materials, including Residue. Store these and unravel them one at a time as you advance your Imbuing skill on the *Gargoyle* character (other than for RP purposes, no other race makes any sense whatsoever here) who will be your designated Imbuer. As mentioned before, this char also need 10k Garg Loyalty - a few hours work on Toxic Sliths does that easily.

Right now, of course, *everything goes in the Clean up Bin..;p

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If smeltable items have 4 or more properties I place them in the unravel bag. If not I smelt them. sometimes if they look not quite good enough and I can add a property by enhancing I will attemtp to enhance but it fails nearly always or if not I haven't got a relic fragment yet. SO doing this I have yet to get a relic fragment but it does keep me well supplied with iron ingots. I look through loot for items I might like to use which is so rare and also for items that might imbue into items I might like to use which is more often but still not too often. I remove those items into a seperate container. I guess I just don't hunt the better looting animals. One I got a relic fragment from something from a Vasanord. Other times I am not sure but lately nothing except the virtue drops from hunting ore elementals in Shame.