• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When Stygian Abyss is gonna hit?

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello , apart from Atlantic, many shards need the expansion to have players back into the game and new players incoming. When this expansion is gonna hit? we're all waiting a lot . How many months still?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are all anxious for an awesome and completely developed and tested client.

Happily we can wait a bit longer to make sure the thing looks, feels, and works as it is supposed to. Thank you very much.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Is that hit the cutting room floor or hit the shelves?

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a Charlie Brown and Lucy's football kind of thing. Don't kill the dream, yet.
LoL, thats exactly what it is. We waited forever for the 11th year collection and instead of doing it right it turned out to be a nightmare. Heh. Dont get me wrong, I am more then willing to wait as long as needed for a good product, the catch is that if your going to make me wait, it had better be a GOOD product. The problem is that we keep on kicking for the football thinking maybe this time it will all be ok, knowing full well form 11 years of experience we are going to end up flat on our backs.

But maybe, just maybe, this time they really ARE going to get it right. Maybe this time it really WILL be worth the wait. ***Starts running at full speed toward the football***

O

Old Man of UO

Hello , apart from Atlantic, many shards need the expansion to have players back into the game and new players incoming. When this expansion is gonna hit? we're all waiting a lot . How many months still?
Are you tying to give it the "Kiss of Death"?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LoL, thats exactly what it is. We waited forever for the 11th year collection and instead of doing it right it turned out to be a nightmare. Heh. Dont get me wrong, I am more then willing to wait as long as needed for a good product, the catch is that if your going to make me wait, it had better be a GOOD product. The problem is that we keep on kicking for the football thinking maybe this time it will all be ok, knowing full well form 11 years of experience we are going to end up flat on our backs.

But maybe, just maybe, this time they really ARE going to get it right. Maybe this time it really WILL be worth the wait. ***Starts running at full speed toward the football***
I have great faith in Leurocian! I feel pretty good about the folks in the current team as well. But with at least one release in the recent past their opinions were over ridden for some corporate strategem. Hopefully, we can avoid those same mistakes this time around, and I feel the likely hood for that goes up if we don't mandate a box publish and release date to store shelves. Time will tell, but I remain hopeful.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say... "it is on the radar" or say "soon" or "we would love to talk about it but can't yet for fear of being blown up and burned alive by Draconi" lol :)

K

Karthcove

Hopefully they give us a little heads up - maybe a press release to current players so we can, for those who have one, blog it and help with marketing.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have great faith in Leurocian! I feel pretty good about the folks in the current team as well. But with at least one release in the recent past their opinions were over ridden for some corporate strategem. Hopefully, we can avoid those same mistakes this time around, and I feel the likely hood for that goes up if we don't mandate a box publish and release date to store shelves. Time will tell, but I remain hopeful.
Oh I agree. I didnt mean that to come off too harsh, or to sound like a personal attack against the current Dev team. To be honest I have actually been pretty impressed lately. I have had to page a GM twice in the last week or so, and both times I have actually gotten a timely and friendly response, and my concern was actually resolved!!! I was surprised to say the least. No, my comment was more directed at the past 10 years of experience then at the current Dev Team. Your football analogy just nailed it right on the head. I feel like I have had it pulled out from under me so many times, that I should know better, but despite the past, and because of the work being shown by the current Dev Team, I find my self daring to believe... Maybe, just maybe this time will be different. Even though I feel like I should know better... I cant seem to help but get my hopes up.:sad3:

M

MoonglowMerchant

Not sure but when it does you will hear a plop followed by a flushing sound.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure but when it does you will hear a plop followed by a flushing sound.
What a classy and worthwhile post...

There are many people who are eagerly looking for to SA and the new client and I count myself to be among them.

Usually a verdict comes at the end of a trial not before the trial has even begun.

You've already made up your mind about SA...so simply don't buy it if that's how you feel.

Useless and negative posts have a way of showing ones true colors and character. Worthless :thumbdown:

M

MerchantAtHome

There are many people who are eagerly looking for to SA and the new client and I count myself to be among them.

Usually a verdict comes at the end of a trial not before the trial has even begun.

You've already made up your mind about SA...so simply don't buy it if that's how you feel.

Useless and negative posts have a way of showing ones true colors and character. Worthless :thumbdown:
Define "many" people.

Last I heard, use of the new client was less than 5% of the playerbase. Don't be fooled. It is the same client. It just has a new name.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Least he's honest. Most people delude themselves into thinking this is it, this is the next big thing for uo its going to change the world... and on and on.............:cheerleader:

I have been hearing the same trash from the team going on 9+ years now.

Hearing " soon" and "on the radar" and many other pacifying over generalized comments from the team is just sad. I believe sa will be more like more like "splatter" wipe flush, rather than "plop" flush. :)

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guess will be about 8-12 months after the announced release date based off of its been 4 months past when they said they would release the 11 anniverary tokens for North America and they still are having problems getting the tokens released, and a small fix for champ spawns getting stuck has instead messed them up even worse. I'm beginning to wonder if the light at the end of the tunnel is actually the South bound train from Boston.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My guess will be about 8-12 months after the announced release date based off of its been 4 months past when they said they would release the 11 anniverary tokens for North America and they still are having problems getting the tokens released, and a small fix for champ spawns getting stuck has instead messed them up even worse. I'm beginning to wonder if the light at the end of the tunnel is actually the South bound train from Boston.
We would have had it already then <_<

Didn't they say like Summer 2007 originally? Lawl.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guess would be Summer 09 (this Summer). Late Summer, maybe early Autumn.

And I think we should forget any illusions we may have about this bringing in new players. We should look at SA as a way to keep existing players happy, interested, engaged, and active.

The most it'll do, realistically, is make a few people log in who haven't in awhile but still have active accounts.

-Galen's player

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure it will bring in some new people, probably not massive hoards, but some will see it on the shelves and pick it up. I really don't care when it gets released as long as things work like they say it should, and there are things to keep us busy while we wait. I really don't want to see it get to the point where they determine its going to be delayed another 9 months so lets just make the events leading up to it longer, so that something that should have only lasted a couple weeks gets strung out for months and everyone gets so sick and tired of it that they simply quit playing. I would mind having another Treasure of Tokuno event for a month or two if they run out of filler material.

G

Garianna

Well for me I am taking a wait and see attitude. While nothing personal against the Dev team, the current team is basically telling us what they told us in the past about KR, ML and the list goes on and on.

As far as new players, its my understanding from everything that I have read that it is not going to be on the shelves, but available for download only. You can't get any new players that way. Besides, while the new dungeon, and fluff is all nice, if more events and the like isn't included, folks will get bored as they have in times past.

Remember this current Dev team has folks from the old team on it, which made many promises about KR and the content, and here we are almost 2 years since KR went gold and still no SA, and more excuses. Its not like we have a 9 million folks playing the game, so why the big hush hush? Because many game sites have already said that SA isn't going to come out before late fall. In other words, EA wants players to pay their fees and promises them the moon, only to give repeated excuses on the delays. Just look at how the team made a joke on a post about how much promotion of SA is been budgeted or spent. They actually took the time to discuss hamburgers, but did we get any information from them? As usual no.

So my guess.....between now and another year from now, until they decide to shelf it for good.

Garianna

S

SUPRsalad

What they will gain in "xboxxer'" player base, they will lose in their veteran/pvp base, or more.

K

Kiwillian

What they will gain in "xboxxer'" player base, they will lose in their veteran/pvp base, or more.
LOL. You certainly got out of bed on the wrong side this morning. I already replied to your other enormous and misinformed rant, but jeez, do some research.

S

SUPRsalad

wow, its not often i say this, but i think yr right..

I need a shower.