• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When is the point situation going to be addressed? It has spread to Atlantic

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought it was getting bad when someone posted a screenshot of collecting 15,000. Apparently there are now people running around with millions of points on Atlantic.

R

RichDC

No date posted but...take heart

Is the faction system going to be repaired,remolded or replaced? Will the Order/Chaos....Good V evil be returning?
Our design team is currently taking a good, hard look at Factions and we are currently making plans for a series of updates culminating in a significantly revamped system. Right now in this early phase, we have a lot of ideas on the table. Amongst those are:

A complete overhaul of the scoring and ranking system, with an eye towards rewarding healing, stealth, crafting, and other types of participation in addition to racking up kill counts
Possibly reducing the number of factions to 3
Rebuilding the bases to make them more balanced, including removing bases from areas within guard zones
Revamping town capture with an eye towards focusing the fighting, creating more intense battles
Adding more ways to use Silver, as well as working to fix various economic issues surrounding Factions
Adding more benefits to controlling towns, with an eye towards allowing Factions to have greater influence on the game world

In addition to the above, we have a list of miscellaneous bugs we want to fix.

Please note that we are very early in the design stages on this, and as we delve more deeply into this project our final feature change list will evolve. The above list is the pie in the sky and now we’re seeing how much of it we can (and should) bring down to Earth. We are interested in seeing some more of your Factions-related ideas and requests on the forums.
-Phoenix
This weeks FOF

Edit: It is ridiculous, killed a TB on GL and recieved over 300k points!

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah. Something has to be done NOW. The ****ty programming is NOW affecting Link.. So NOW we have to do something about it. God forbid.. If this never affected Link it would not have been a problem..

HA!

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah. Something has to be done NOW. The ****ty programming is NOW affecting Link.. So NOW we have to do something about it. God forbid.. If this never affected Link it would not have been a problem..

HA!
I did a topic about this issue a long time ago when it started on the Asian shards. It was only a matter of time before people started using it on Western shards.

I guess someone was exaggerating when they said they had millions of points. The top point player has 60,000 on Atlantic now. If they wanted to start multiplying that it would be a very short time until a million.

S

S.W.A.T

HA!
I did a topic about this issue a long time ago when it started on the Asian shards. It was only a matter of time before people started using it on Western shards.

I guess someone was exaggerating when they said they had millions of points. The top point player has 60,000 on Atlantic now. If they wanted to start multiplying that it would be a very short time until a million.
You do know that is just a point holder right?

V

Vyal

60k aint shyt lol..

Wait till you kill one person and get 50 thousand points :party::party::party::party:

V

Vyal

We seem to have curved the problem on Legends, one faction moves to another faction that removed about 20 million points from the shard, then the people in the faction they joined went to another faction and that faction in turn went to another faction and all the point got removed aside from the minax faction and I guess it's just filled with point holders :/

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No date posted but...take heart

This weeks FOF

Edit: It is ridiculous, killed a TB on GL and recieved over 300k points!
You think that is ridiculous how about this being more ridiculous.A TB killed a CoM on GL and received 300 something mil points.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You think that is ridiculous how about this being more ridiculous.A TB killed a CoM on GL and received 300 something mil points.
I really don't even get why people farm points so high damn. I understand farming a couple thousand to supply guildies and friends.. But wtf?

K

KTULU_ATL

just wipe the points to 0 on all the shards, that will give them time to fix it

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I caught the point virus last night. 1.9 mill from one person on Great Lakes. To think last week I was concerned on how I would be able to wear the faction artifacts that I wanted with only being able to play once a week.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I caught the point virus last night. 1.9 mill from one person on Great Lakes. To think last week I was concerned on how I would be able to wear the faction artifacts that I wanted with only being able to play once a week.
silly goose

Z

Zyron

my buddy has 2bil on gl.

last time i checked on uo.com factions someone had over a trillion

U

UOKaiser

Which will be hillarious when someone comes in this post and say I got blah blah points from 1 person on GL which in turn was you and the person you gt 1.9 mil from got proabably 300mil from another. Lol it's a never ending circle. Just remove point requirements on faction items and there will never be a peep again about points.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which will be hillarious when someone comes in this post and say I got blah blah points from 1 person on GL which in turn was you and the person you gt 1.9 mil from got proabably 300mil from another. Lol it's a never ending circle. Just remove point requirements on faction items and there will never be a peep again about points.
Why not just fix it.. so it works as intended.. instead of letting every scamp in tram get their items and run and never show face again?

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I killed OJ Simpson from BOA and ended up with 14 million points with the point bonus. Just rediculous.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I killed OJ Simpson from BOA and ended up with 14 million points with the point bonus. Just rediculous.
I got a kill shot and was rewarded 10 millon, (ME of all people who never had a point the 2 years i played before the change went into effect) what has UO become!

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they do anything the first thing should be to clean the slate and drop the bonuses. The bonus idea was an epic fail.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a kill shot and was rewarded 10 millon, (ME of all people who never had a point the 2 years i played before the change went into effect) what has UO become!
u have more points than me.

/cries

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately as the caller and set-up guy I never get the kill shots, so I'm rollin deep with 300 on all my PvPers.

All my guildies are up to a million points or more from killing some of these chumps on GL who farm, or who have killed farmers.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All my guildies are up to a million points or more from killing some of these chumps on GL who farm, or who have killed farmers.

Yes, I don't quite understand the point in accruing a billion points. I mean I played my archer and lost 2m points the other night. It bothers me more that I lose my pots etc than my points. can't wait till they wipe them out.