• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When I play UO (Windows 10) the taskbar disappears for the last few days.

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It is very frustrating.... I have tried a lot of things including keep the taskbar on top (not the top of the screen) but that didn't even work. Help! I need to play UO....its almost my real life....almost. Also is there any way I can tell if I installed that Windows 10 Anniversary Update? Duh.... I'm older than most hills, and that is not helping one bit. For example I had to log off UO in order to place this post. And for a while all my pictures and words were teeny weeny... I kind of fixed that but that may have caused the missing task bar.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm odd problem.. Assuming you don't have auto hide enabled?

Recently i had the opposite problem, but that was due to a setting a third party multi-monitor app, that forced taskbar on top. It is not free or i would suggest it.

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you Gilmour. I did have auto hide enabled for a few minutes. But I think my real problem is or was, almost after every change you make in Windows 10, you have to log off before it will take effect... I may have missed logging off a few different times. The last time I logged into UO it was fine... I hope it will be next time. . Thanks again, you Knucklehead! (I've always wanted to say that to another human... you may be pixellian though. Some are, some are not.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hope it works out, but settings should save on shutdown as well, so unless your pc have only crashed it should be saved too.