• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When does the Halloween Content end?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I searched but couldn't find information on when the Halloween content ends (Trick or Treat, Pumpkins, Butchers and Named Skeletons).

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It usually ends at after server up of the 31st. But since it was a week late not sure if it will be extended. I'd be prepared to have it end at normal time just in case.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It usually ends at after server up of the 31st. But since it was a week late not sure if it will be extended. I'd be prepared to have it end at normal time just in case.
It began on time, the new items were not in at the beginning.

So, don't count on it lasting past the 31st. It is probably on a timer.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Pen. Not sure why you say it began on time @Pawain since we didn't get the publish until the 8th.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I count not getting new stuff as event didn't fully start on time. Really, how many people were waiting on white bones and spiderwebs.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just saying we could Trick or Treat and do the Butchers and Pumpkins on Oct 1st.

The event began on time, some of the rewards were not until the 8th, but a timer that covers Oct, 1st to Oct 31st does not care.

We shall see but when it is off it is off so be prepared Oct 31st.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We shall see but when it is off it is off so be prepared Oct 31st.
Yup, covered that in my first post.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've had them end at different times in different years.

Sometimes at Server-up (trick or treat usually lasts till server-up, even if the others don't)
Sometimes at Midnight Oct 31st/Nov 1st at the server default time zone (Eastern US for the old "East" shards, Pacific time for the West shards), though the skeleton bones linger to server-up or they despawn, whichever happens first, as do the pumpkins already present.
And, sometimes, annoyingly, at Midnight UTC (which REALLY sucks for the people playing US Shards).

I don't think they ever automated these, and keep forgetting what they did the previous year.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He is for the Treasures of Deceit Event. We are talking about the regular yearly Trick or Treating, Graveyard bones, and Field Pumpkins.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've had them end at different times in different years.

Sometimes at Server-up (trick or treat usually lasts till server-up, even if the others don't)
Sometimes at Midnight Oct 31st/Nov 1st at the server default time zone (Eastern US for the old "East" shards, Pacific time for the West shards), though the skeleton bones linger to server-up or they despawn, whichever happens first, as do the pumpkins already present.
And, sometimes, annoyingly, at Midnight UTC (which REALLY sucks for the people playing US Shards).

I don't think they ever automated these, and keep forgetting what they did the previous year.
Update: Playing a west coast shard. Lake Austin.

Butchers stopped respawning at Midnight Eastern. They were all dead by 1 AM Eastern.
Skeletons are still respawning.
Pumpkins still respawning as of 2 AM.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trick-or-treat still active on Siege as of 0800 EST ( 2 hours after normal shard reset).

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
1667319027003.png
This is what I've gotten in the last 40 mins or so (on Sonoma)
It seems to be spawning lot more than normal.