• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] When do i leave the shore

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New fisher on legends here. Went from 29 to 55 yesterday and things have slowed down alot. Nice gains on the day though. When should I move from land to the ships? Thanks all

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New fisher on legends here. Went from 29 to 55 yesterday and things have slowed down alot. Nice gains on the day though. When should I move from land to the ships? Thanks all
There is a sticky at the top of this forum on how to gain fishing. But here is some info:

0-30 Skill: If you haven't started a character with 50 Fishing you can buy up to 30 from a Fisher near docks.
30-75 Skill: Between these values you will need to fish shallow water, At docks or coastlines.
75-120 Skill: Between these values you will need to fish in deep water, Buy a boat from a Shipwright and sale out of Dock and fish. A good spot is east of Moonglow, You can sail North/South without hitting any islands.

The crystal ball of knowledge obtained from the mystic at Tel Mur is very helpful for fishing. It tells you if where you are fishing at is the right level. Need to stay at optimal.

Obtain the following Mysticism reagents: Dragon's Blood and Daemon Bone - and give them to Ortlem for your reward.

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ughh... The magic number is 75 then.. Thanks for the help. Any tips or tricks at all? Should i just plant myself and fish or are there any sweet spots for gains? Just curious if anything would speed things along or not.

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
55 to 61 was smooth as silk.. Sine 61 its been very slow. Would moving to another town help?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ughh... The magic number is 75 then.. Thanks for the help. Any tips or tricks at all? Should i just plant myself and fish or are there any sweet spots for gains? Just curious if anything would speed things along or not.
Get one of those skill balls and always fish where it says it is challenging.