• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When did you know the game was right for you?

J

Jack

I ask this because, I've had the game for a bit and levelled an undead mage and lock to level 30ish... but it's always seemed like an a real effort. I played CoH for a couple of years and I never seemed to encounter a barrier like this to my enjoyment of the game. I definately want a caster, and I think I prefer horde (though tbf I haven't really looked at the whole of alliance) so I can't really see why I'm not 'loving it' yet like I usually am with other games.

I've also noticed the game SEEMS to be lacking socially... I'm on a fairly busy server but I barely seem to have any contact with anyone?! Teams seems to be few and far between and the game in general seems obstructive to the social aspect of the game - atleast when I compare it to CoH, where you pretty much team from the start.

Can anyone provide any insight?

A

Anaisdequoi

I know exactly what you mean. It's too easy to level with quests. I've got a 42 warrior right now- and I need to practice with her in instances but who has the time to sit there for 2 hours lfg and then spend 3 hours in the instance? I have two level 70's and they really haven't done any of the end game runs because of the time commitment there either. Plus you really do need a good group to do these things. *sigh*

L

Lord Abernathy

I think if you want to see the more social aspect of WoW, you should try and get into a decent sized guild. Maybe try to join one that's currently recruiting, or if you have a few friends that play together, make a guild of your own and start recruiting.

As for leveling, most classes level pretty quick, should be even more so with lock and mages, since both can level with small downtime.

J

Jack

Yeah, I mean I do enjoy progressing in games ofcourse - I had a couple of max levels chars in CoH but I guess WoW has shown me how important having that social aspect of the game is to me. I certainly feels very flat and lacking without it!

I'll definately look in to the guild thing.

E

Eldorian

Yeah, I highly recommend a guild as well.... The majority of people despise pick up groups cause you usually end up with a ****** or two who messes everything up for everyone. I know I personally only group with people in my guild - other than the occassional strangler that is doing the exact same quest I am - IE if we're both waiting for the same spawn. Just easier to group up that way.

K

Kyle

Leveing can be hard but once you get past lvl50 i think you'll really start enjoying the game.

I've played ALOT of mmorpg's and atm WoW is the shizz!

F

Fireeyes

I started playing Warcraft last year and like it a lot. I think it's interesting and having a guide that helps you level is great!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Guilds help.

Testing out mutliple classes up to 20 gives you a very good idea of the class and if you will like it or not.

My two favorite classes are druid and warlock. What I have found tho, is if you don't know what to take in your talents, you tend to spread them out, which then messes you up in the end due to respeccing.

If you like a class by level 20, read up on it and learn from it to know how to spec. While your spec will change end game, you can start speccing how you want to go at low levels to assist your game play.

X

xbadkhmerx2

WoW is an extremely addicting game, but at the first 1-20 levels, it's quite a bore, but the game gets way better with instances and running.

B

Blade_Thugluv

some time between making a new account and buying the game... *smiles*

Oh and i believe all MMORPG's to be eye crack which is why i play UO and WoW. Why else would one play the same game for years on end?

~Blade

P

Pashta

I actually played UO for years because of the people I met in the game, not really the gameplay.

P

Petunia

:(

When me and my boyfriend watched a friend of mine play it we thought it looked cool. We played for weeks then my boyfriend went to Iraq. He gets on now n then but I dunna play as much since he shipped out so now i spenda lot of time just hanging out at bank an such.

S

Starla_Rae

Hi, I'm Rae and I'm an Alt-a-holic. I am barely scratching the surfice of play in WoW. I so far have all 10 chars going ranging from 41 down to 10 in lvl. I have just put my first char in a guild and man o man that made a huge difference in my game play. I am usually a loner except for the fact that my husband plays too so we team up. I can honestly say that joining a guild will help with the social aspect. There are many types of guilds too. You can find fun easy laid back ones or hard core raiding. It really depends on how much time you want to focus on game play. While leveling I have found it fun to group with those around doing the same quests. If someone is very helpful you might say .. mind if I add you to my friends list. Then when you see them on pst them and find out what they are up to. People really do like to chat it is just getting that first "hello how are you", out there.

Let us know if things are better for you in game and what might have changed. You never know when someone else might stubble onto this thread looking for the same kind of answers. Good Luck to you in your game play.

F

Fabienne

HI Jack

Look for a social guild. If you are looking for some decent guilds that are more social and less gear focused, you might want to look on an RP or RP-PvP realm. There isnt a whole lot of RP on these realms, but it tends to attract a more mature crowd.

If you are an adult, I HIGHLY recommend looking for an age restricted guild so you dont have to deal a ton of leet speak, childish rants, etc.

This game can get very lonely if you dont have a guild to interact with.

- Severina