• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When did they start letting one co-own several houses?

G

Gwendar-SP

Someone co-owned my character to his house today. I was already a co-owner on another house. I got no warning about having to give up co-ownership. I went to the house I was previously co-owner of and I still was.

Is this a bug or did EA make the change without telling us?

G

Gwendar-SP

co-own not own. My character owns a house and co-owns a house. Today domeone co-owned me to another so i owned a house and co-owned 2 others.

P

packrat

I just tried it on Napa. I have 4 accounts with 4 houses and two computers. I tried to co-own with different char and different accounts and was not able to co-own to more than one house. I got the message that said i had to resign co-ownership to the other house.
You are lucky if you can do it. I wish they would allow more than one co-ownership. That would help out.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep, that link addresses co-ownership:

Answer

Any character on an account that owns a house can be made a co-owner of another house without condemning his or her own house. Each character may only be made a co-owner of one other house, and will still retain full ownership rights to his/her own house.

G

Gwendar-SP

I just tried it on Napa. I have 4 accounts with 4 houses and two computers. I tried to co-own with different char and different accounts and was not able to co-own to more than one house. I got the message that said i had to resign co-ownership to the other house.
You are lucky if you can do it. I wish they would allow more than one co-ownership. That would help out.

Very strange. I guess it could be a siege thing but that is doubtful. It certainly would be nice tho.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tried it on Siege with my own houses and characters but it wouldn't allow it.

Gave me the usual "need to release co-ownership first" message.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried it on Cats, got the message that this person is already co-owner of a house, and you need to release co-ownership to be co-owned to this house. Didn't work for me.

S

Still Frame

That would be a nice change as i have 2 accounts and my main house is on my secondary account for some reason. So i must be co-owned there to get into most of my armor and such but then i also need to be co-owned to my guild house on my main char so i can get into the scroll, armor and skull bags

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
co-own not own. My character owns a house and co-owns a house. Today domeone co-owned me to another so i owned a house and co-owned 2 others.
I really wish they would let us be co-owner to several houses on Siege, it would make it so much easier let a homeless Siege player have a room with a chest if all my chars could be co-owner to my 3 houses.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I really wish they would let us be co-owner to several houses on Siege, it would make it so much easier let a homeless Siege player have a room with a chest if all my chars could be co-owner to my 3 houses.
I wish they'd let us be co-owner of as many houses as we want on any shard. The rule is silly and unnecessary.

G

Gwendar-SP

One solution is to friend them, give them a chest that locks (can even engrave it with their name), put the key on a key ring and have them lock the key ring down near the chest. The home owner and the person locking down the key are the only ones who can access the chest when it is locked.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So you will buy more accounts
Actually it is the other way round, I have 5 accounts and the reason I would have for dropping an account was the messing around you have to go through to 'do stuff' in each house, trying to remember who is co-owned, who is friended etc etc especially when you go to do deco to find your crafter can't use a deco tool and you are forever switching from account to account and dropping and reestabishing co-ownership just to play.

None of my houses can have anyone 'friended' to them due to this reason, other than my own characters, which really limits game and role play and makes me feel mean as they 'friend' me to their houses. However, because my characters need to access all containers in every house, all containers are set to 'friends'.

This limitation has been dragged up over and over again, and really penalises multi account owners with character and 'stuff' management. You would think that if you can be friended to a gazillion houses you could co-own the same, it is all just a number in some code somewhere.

Even if it is a problem with 'releasing' co-ownership, I think the majority would rather have the ability to co-own multi houses and drop them 'all' if they need to be removed as fixing one char up occasionally is way better than the constant add, release, add, release just to perform some functions of normal gameplay. If you have no need to co-own other premises then this wouldn't affect anything you do, but for those of us who have multi accounts or are high active in guilds and especially with player run events the current co-ownership ruling is detrimental.

The other problem is the 'house' will only let you co-own a limited number of characters, so with the 20 odd characters I play not all can even be coowned to my main 'house' where all the fitting out, consumables etc are kept.

But as I said, this has been bought up time and time again and nothing ever happens nor does the suggestion ever receive any acknowledgment from the devs et al, with a reason as to what is the problem is with letting us have this most basic function.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
One solution is to friend them, give them a chest that locks (can even engrave it with their name), put the key on a key ring and have them lock the key ring down near the chest. The home owner and the person locking down the key are the only ones who can access the chest when it is locked.
Yes but to do that, I will need all my chars to be co-owner of the house and when I only can co-own one house, the one using as guest house may not be the one I choose to make my chars co-owner of.

If my chars can't all be co-owners to the house, it will mean I can't store anything all my chars can access but the youngs living in the house can't access.

Allow us to be co-owner to more than one house would make everything much easier. Maybe allow players to be co-owners to 10 houses if there have to be a limit.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Freja. It would be nice to have the ability to be a co-owner at several homes, and it would definately help if you wanted to let a homeless player keep a chest or room at your place, while keeping some things secure. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree with Miss Echo......... I have 8 accounts and unless I don't want to store anything in my house that I might want access to... I can't friend my actual friends to the house..... as all my characters are friended there to get access.... I really wish there was either a way to Co-own more folk and be co-owned to more homes..... Or a way to combine accounts in such a way as to allow all my accounts access to all my homes....

I guess long ago it was ok to only be Co-owned to one house.... the other limitation to co-owners is you can only have a few.... Unlike friends which seems to be rather unlimited you can only have a few co-owners. I've long wished they would change and update that.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Devs we really need changes to co-owners