• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When bugs in the game cost money...refund or tough luck?

G

I was wondering... In EA land, a shiftpaint on a BOXED IN AREA triggered an old bug which I forgot about: Due to lag or something the entire house got painted with 15$ walls. There is no undo. Money in EA land goes at the rate of 5 dollars for 5k... I just wasted 5k in 1 second. Even more because a whole bunch of 11$ walls got overwritten and needs to be repainted.

The question is: Do I get a refund or is it tough luck?
The current answer is undoubtly: tough luck...

But now that you add the RL money aspect to the game, shouldn't there also be an undo function or other ways to make sure you don't accidently waste it as easy? It really frustates people.

Anyway, this kinda strenghtens my plea to just make all wallpapers and floors cost 1$. It increase creativity and has no other influence on the game.

I am especially concerned about these 'accidents' because there's little to no ingame support (In World of Warcraft for example, you easily get items back in your inventory if you make a mistake)

G

This is an excellent reason to get rid of the screen shift that never served its intended purpose.

G

It does prevent RSI though ;-)

In any case I won't use it again, but what when other bugs hit people? Items that disappear, a wall that doesn't appear but still takes the money from your bank...

I mean, I -as lot designer- am building with other's people RL money. They let me do it of their own free will of course, but I feel bad when stuff like this happens. An undo action would be an extremely good addition into a game world based on RL currency.

G

Yeah, I don't think they thought that one out yet. They'll probably put some sort of "at your own risk...blah blah blah...non-refundable" clause into the ToS.

Note that if you ask them to fix this, six months latter it will be the same, except that after you loose the money a sound effect of Nelson from the Simpsons will play.

HA-HA!