• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's your Macro setup? (PVP mages)

N

NewYears1978

I have been away for about 5 years..just coming back. Run with a standard mage..curious as to what setup you all us for macros (specific please, which spells on which keys)

My old setup was painful, trying to find new combos that I like...thanks for any suggestions.

G

Green Meanie

on necro mage
all on number pad
1 heal
2 cure
3 gheal
4 evil omen
5magic arrow
6 poison
+ painspike
7fireball
8 lighting
9 explosion
0 corpse skin
. flam strike
- curse
* strangle
/ apples
then on controll
1 teleport
2arch cure
3 ss
4 para
5 para field
6 efield
+ wall o stone
7 manna vamp
8 blood oath
9mind rot
0 invisability
. bless
- heal
* cure
/ refreash
on shift
1 Metor swarm
2 earth quake
3 protection
4 dispell
5 mass dispell
6 dispell field
7 summon rev
8 summon ev
9 summon deamon

pause is dismount
insert is all follow me and mount
end is bola
f12 is wither
f11 is poison field
f10 all follow me
f9 all kill
f8 reequip weapon
f7 dress
mouse wheel up for last target and down for target self.
the few other spells u will ever cast i just have the icons on the screen.

I should also note i have my 4th mouse button maped as controll and 5th as shift they are both located on the side of my mouse and ez to press with my tumb then i rest my left hand on my number pad so any controll or shift macros button press is done on my mouse and with left hand.

this also alows me to talk with spell spam witch annoys the crap outa me

N

NewYears1978

I've never understood how anyone uses the numpad for their main spells...unless you are left handed.....then again I dont have a huge desk so not enough space for keyboard and mouse comfortably..

G

Green Meanie

im not left handed but i simly shift my hand to the right side of key bored and it only takes 3 fingers to reach every macro

N

NewYears1978

I ilke this setup. Now I just have to set the macros..

Ive been gone awhile so PvP has changed...not sure what to cast when etc etc..

I hear it's more aboutthe small spells now..instead of the typical exp/poison/eb etc.

G

Green Meanie

lol zindjin right now that seems so true.

Mage vs mage 1v1 i almost never cast anything above an explosion and rarly that 4Th and up. But most of the time you wont kill someone with just extremly low spell spam you have to set up a burst of damage using your spells with delayed damage (mind blast explosion fireball magic arrow) coupled with your spells that do instant damage (normaly lighting or harm) most the time the person that wins is the one that gets a decient combo in along with sticking a poison.

mage vs dexer 1v1 however i find myself casting large spells quit often just have to learn to time your spells between there swings not to hard usaly the finishing shot comes from a big spell when they fail to fizzle me. sometimes you have to try to cram in a small spell to finish them as they run full speed of screen (best defence against a mage).

In group vs group combat you normaly have a person or two that focus on small spells to fizzle an enemy and the rest go big.

I know that sounds like alot of luck and its true there is some in there but its more skill than anything. What shard are you on?
im on legends
Im far from the best mage ive ever seen but i dont think it would be unfair to putmyself in the top 10 of my shard and top 5 of the active mages for my shard. (not im not a good pure mage, only above average, when i say mage i actualy mean 100% caster based chars). and would be more than glad to help you learn current pvp as a caster.

G

GFY

I'm not left handed but I learned to use a adding machine for work years ago so I could use my right hand to write. I use the same thing today with uo. I have my macros set for my left hand so I can use my right hand for my mouse.

I like to set my heals, cures, and pots at the top of the pad then use my curses and buffs for the second row, and my main spell combos on the bottom. Everyone has a different play style so you need to decide what spells you like best. For my lesser used spells like, gate, recall, etc. I still use the spell icons around my screen.

Claninwat

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
F1-F12
`-0

Some other randoms keys that i have grown used to (O is evil omen for example) and my pots and apple macros etc are on number pad.

Never had trouble with reaching keys, i make sure my interrupts and small spells are on the closest keys for convinience.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use my F-keys for consumables.

Then all other macros are the whole left side of my keyboard using all possible alt and control combinations.

` - 5
A-G
Z-V
And the space bar (alt/shift/ctrl)

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use my F-keys for consumables.

Then all other macros are the whole left side of my keyboard using all possible alt and control combinations.

` - 5
A-G
Z-V
And the space bar (alt/shift/ctrl)
Similar sort of setup as what I have used in the past.

Main thing is you just set all your spells so you don't make it a work out and all within easy reach of one another. Alt Shift and Ctrl are handy for that. The numeric keypad I've used too. Don't have a preference really.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use the 52n gamepad and the keyboard.

The gamepad is for mage vs mage, and the keyboard is for spawning and anything else.

M

mcrowe1082

would you be able to give me a few examples of combos that you use and how you set up the macro for them?

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ctrl+h = mini heal
ctrl+alt+h = greater heal
alt+x = targ self
alt+z = last targ
ctrl+f = flamestrike
alt+f = fireball

When I started playing a mage I tried to coordinate the letters on the keyboard with the actual spell it casts...made it easy to remember. As for combos, that's something you have to learn on your own...everyone has their own style.