• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's your favorite new pet?

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, what's everybody's favorite new pet? Not new like, newly trained cu sidhe... new, like, a new tameable that we couldn't tame before.

I'm totally digging the najasaurus. They are super fast with overcapped dex, have major magic resist (l150-ish), start with enough HP to be playable right out of the gate (700-ish), and just look cool :) I've got one trained up with armor ignore, kept the poisoning it came with. Next I want to try a magic one, maybe a mystic. Super fun.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I don't think they train any of the major caster schools (chiv, mys, nagery etc) unless it changed..I don't want to say much since nerf danger is lurking..:)

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got excited and grabbed a naja - excited about the 100 poison and high magic resist - but not am stuck trying to decide what he'll actually be useful for. I guess Dread Horn?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My two favorites so far at the AI Naja and AI Cu for boss fights.

For working a spawn? The lil Skree or a Dread Spider works great.

but not am stuck trying to decide what he'll actually be useful for. I guess Dread Horn?
Yepp. The AI Naja I have rips DH a new one.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My Dread Spider with Goo can wipe up spawns through level three with next to no help at all... I just move to a spot tell him to kill and invis he lights up the screen and wipes out everything in short order... then I move on to a new spot... he starts to get in trouble around the 4th tier... and I have to heal him a bit... but he seriously stinks on bosses... that's where I have to take over. He can tank... but that's with a lot of healing..

The great thing about the spider is the 100% Poison resist... so silver serpents, Poison Ele's, Dimetresaurs etc... can't harm him hardly... And since he has goo... he does that for energy damage (which I still think should be fire), his 25% physical and 75% poison... so He really is all around great against most anything... Plus he's 120 Eval and 104.7 or something on his way to 110 Magery... With 120 wrestling... he's nice.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My Dread Spider with Goo

Plus he's 120 Eval and 104.7 or something on his way to 110 Magery... With 120 wrestling... he's nice.
Quick question for you.. does the Goo area effect and/or wither ever hit a larger area? Have not taken any Dread to 120 yet to see. About the only complaint I have about them so far is the area for wither is VERY small.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Quick question for you.. does the Goo area effect and/or wither ever hit a larger area? Have not taken any Dread to 120 yet to see. About the only complaint I have about them so far is the area for wither is VERY small.
He doesn't wither since I didn't give him Necromancy or Necromage too costly... But that goo goes about 10 times all over the screen to anything in the area... about 10 3x3 patches of the stuff pretty much lights up the whole screen with it... plus he's explosion/flamestriking all over... I keep wondering if he's Earthquake but haven't seen him do it. I will say the goo seems to hit most mobs for about 15 to 35 per hit...

So his necro is at 16.7 but won't budge and he doesn't use any of it... wish he did.. but yeah too costly... though I don't understand why he can't but it is what it is.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thanks.

So far you are not missing a lot by not adding the necro, of course that may change once it hit's 120 Necro. Right now wither only hits a 1-2 tile area, but that is at 80ish level.