• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whats your favorite effective mage temp, in this day and age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gellor

Depends upon your comfort level and what is on the field.

I've seen mages with all combos of:
  • parry
  • bushido
  • alchemy
  • ninja
  • taming
  • spellweaving
  • mysticism
  • wrestle
  • tactics

When the dex gimps are heavy, nothing says loving like a parry mage... except for maybe one or two people who never seem to miss. Odd how normally in a group of gimps I'd get hit maybe 25% of the time but one or two people ALWAYS get that 5 hits in a row when I'm "1v1"rolleyes:

Right now, I've got about four mages in the works... I die to often in factions to rely upon one char:gee::mf_prop:

E

Eyes of Origin

I have to say my favorite at the moment is my bokuto mage.

Bushido
Swords
Parry
Eval
Magery
Med
Tactics

and my necro peacer for spawning

H

hukor

I am trying a tactics mage right now.
120 mage
120 eval
120 med
120 anat
120 tact
120 weapon
if you get disarmed you still have defensive wrestle. no resist is a gamble but I don't mind dying once in a while.

my otherfavorite is a necro mage with anat and scribe
120 mage
120 eval
120 med
60 necro
120 ss
100 anatomy
100 scribe have to use a skill inc spell book or jewels.
super fun with corpse skin and sdi

S

SUPRsalad

120 mage, eval, resist
60 necro
100 inscript
120 mystic
80 med.

You will need at least 11 MR to pull this one off, but I assure you, this is the most annoying template at this time. (besides the nerve srike tamers)

edit: if i could ping faster than 100, I would rock this template, but I can't get the combos off right.
If your in my boat, 120 mage, eval, resist, mystic, med, ninja ftw. Might not be that effective in terms of insta-killing, but its funner than hell.

M

Mixtape

You will need at least 11 MR to pull this one off, but I assure you, this is the most annoying template at this time. (besides the nerve srike tamers)

my nerve tamer isnt annoying sir.

but my fav mage temp at the moment is

120mage med eval resist weap skill and tactics

E

Eyes of Origin

*looking around to see where Chad posted and frowns*

Oh! I get it... well, I think I do anyway. :p ;)

S

SUPRsalad

*looking around to see where Chad posted and frowns*

Oh! I get it... well, I think I do anyway. :p ;)
heheh, thats chad's template he's been running.. The one he can AI you 234632 times in a row, but if you built the same template, same suit, you would just *wiff*..

oh & edit: hows the weather up in d-town? Heard it was cold as hell. Down here (western slope) its bright and sunny and gorgeous, but is still around 5 degrees day in day out.. inversion ftw.

E

Eyes of Origin

heheh, thats chad's template he's been running.. The one he can AI you 234632 times in a row, but if you built the same template, same suit, you would just *wiff*..

oh & edit: hows the weather up in d-town? Heard it was cold as hell. Down here (western slope) its bright and sunny and gorgeous, but is still around 5 degrees day in day out.. inversion ftw.
lol I know ;) I was kidding... but when I was typing that up Chad was actually reading the thread soooo yeah lol
And I think I'm the only one in guild, or one of the only ones not running this template, cause I would do the same thing, *wiff* *wiff* *wiff* and *wiff* some more. Even at 45 hci I "wiff" with my current template.

*Side note* well, it seems we're coming out of the deep freeze we've been in all freakin week. Got to 25 yesterday and suppose to get above freezing today, finally!! 40's planned for the weekend, yay!!!!

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What can I say, when you're sweet...you're sweet. And I my friends, am sweet.

M

MasterP

What can I say, when you're sweet...you're sweet. And I my friends, am sweet.
Well since your so sweet. I think your going to be the star of my next movie. Broke back chad!!

Story line is this nerdy little gamer (Chad). He goes to his teachers house after school for some help with his homework. Let me tell you what he really gets to study....BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP.

Chad if you want ill play the school teacher!!! ;)

S

SUPRsalad

Well since your so sweet. I think your going to be the star of my next movie. Broke back chad!!

Story line is this nerdy little gamer (Chad). He goes to his teachers house after school for some help with his homework. Let me tell you what he really gets to study....BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP.

tahts hwat

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just film my RL. That's what it's like anyways.

R

Rand Al

Just film my RL. That's what it's like anyways.
It would be a very boring show you get home play uo then sleep, get up play uo, go to work come back play uo, go back to sleep ect i would never watch that show.

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be a very boring show you get home play uo then sleep, get up play uo, go to work come back play uo, go back to sleep ect i would never watch that show.
Maybe if you watched an episode, you wouldn't suck so bad.

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe if you watched an episode, you wouldn't suck so bad.
lol Chad, he obviously Doesn't suck considering you where pretty damn pissed that he joined Goo instead of Son... :heart:

My fav template right now is my mage.. ninja/necro/magery/eval/med/mysticism

annnd my necro... aaand my archer aaaaand my tamer
i love all my characters!

i would say my tactics mage but it takes NO skill whatsoever to run it, that is why chad run's it. :)
gotta fight fire with fire am i right?

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol Chad, he obviously Doesn't suck considering you where pretty damn pissed that he joined Goo instead of Son... :heart:

My fav template right now is my mage.. ninja/necro/magery/eval/med/mysticism

annnd my necro... aaand my archer aaaaand my tamer
i love all my characters!

i would say my tactics mage but it takes NO skill whatsoever to run it, that is why chad run's it. :)
gotta fight fire with fire am i right?
You're an idiot.

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
damn thats all you gotta say lol?
To dignify your idiocy with any more response than I already have, I feel would just be a wasted effort. I'm going to let you wallow in your own self delusions. Just try not to drown.

Hellfire111

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if there wasn't before, there is 0 doubt in my mind that even the most innocent of inquiries about any in-game pvp related thread will be hijacked and turned into a trolling session. Well done gents.

M

mutau

Yes, and that is how threads get locked.

Well done indeed gents. Reach over and pat that back.

Status
Not open for further replies.