• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's your favorite Dev moment (in-game or on Stratics?)

G

Thought it might be nice to start a fun post about the devs that worked so hard for us- love them or hate them....

Mine is Parizad calling EA Land a "mofo". Seems quite appropriate today!

---------------------------------------------------------------
We're trying to bring it up, but EA-Land is like "Na-uh... try again later. Kthx!"

...and we're like, "Mofo! Come up! Come up now!"

...and EA-Landis like, "Pffft! You ain't the boss of me."

So we're trying to convince her that yes, we are indeed the boss of her.

That girl cracks me up! I hope to hear from her again before this is all said and done!

G

<blockquote><hr>

o so many!

None that are appropriate here tho...

[/ QUOTE ]
x

But I will post one that is sorta.

Parizad and I were driving across to Cali when she was moving to EA there... and we were in a Denny's (I Had never eaten at a denny's being from NYC) in Missouri I think.

Well anyway she excuses herself to go to the rest room... and then about a minute later comes charging out telling me "You have to pay for lunch!" so i'm like "Um ok"
and she's like no... I think I'm about to be caught.

She had the mother of all toilet paper rolls in her purse and was nervous that the employee there saw her.

Well they didn't, so she paid b/c she's generous like that... and then later gave it to Pit when we went to hang out at his house.

Anyway that is prolly one of my favorite postable parizad moments, aside from Officer Rob.

IDK if I have any appropriate Lee ones.

kthnx.

G

I dont want Lee to get in any trouble.. so I'll just leave it at that.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

o so many!

[/ QUOTE ]
x

Parizad and I were driving across to Cali when she was moving to EA there... and we were in a Denny's (I Had never eaten at a denny's being from NYC) in Missouri I think.

Well anyway she excuses herself to go to the rest room... and then about a minute later comes charging out telling me "You have to pay for lunch!" so i'm like "Um ok"

She had the mother of all toilet paper rolls in her purse and was nervous that the employee there saw her.

Well they didn't, so she paid b/c she's generous like that... and then later gave it to Pit when we went to hang out at his house.

Anyway that is prolly one of my favorite postable parizad moments, aside from Officer Rob.

kthnx.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the reciepient of a roll of tp from Parizad.... and I still have it and am thinking of getting it bronzed.

R

Rach

Ok for Parizad - it had to be the budding romance of her sim and Killer Clown in the community pub.

But... I'm not done with Parizad yet

I

imported_corpatortis

I remember watching Lee on le'cam rolling on his deodorant. He didn't let us watch him shower, though.

When Pari was with Jackie on their trip.. I had a blast sending dirty texts back and forth while they sat in the backseat of a car driven by her parents. &lt;3

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

O - i have one Lee one!

Cal Plumber.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao yes Cal the boring plumber. Why did we think he was so cool?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I remember watching Lee on le'cam rolling on his deodorant. He didn't let us watch him shower, though.

When Pari was with Jackie on their trip.. I had a blast sending dirty texts back and forth while they sat in the backseat of a car driven by her parents. &lt;3

[/ QUOTE ]

O yes le'cam

But honestly in the back seat of that car I felt 13 again, we were giggling as such.

G

I cannot even begin to tell my Parizad stories....

muwahahahahahaaaaaa

I

imported_corpatortis

Then there was the time Pippa got locked inside her computer room overnight.. so Lee Phancey drew her a diagram on cam of how to pick the doorknob.

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

O - i have one Lee one!

Cal Plumber.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao yes Cal the boring plumber. Why did we think he was so cool?

[/ QUOTE ]

You know.... I couldn't tell you know. But for that night only... it was special

I

imported_Founder

When Lee called me after I got hacked...it was very refreshing and thats how I knew they cared...he didnt sound British though :-|

G

<blockquote><hr>

Then there was the time Pippa got locked inside her computer room overnight.. so Lee Phancey drew her a diagram on cam of how to pick the doorknob.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he is helpful in all areas

Just b/c EA-L is done doesn't mean my need for his assistance is... he's a smart mofo.

Unfortunately I don't think he knows this yet.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

When Lee called me after I got hacked...it was very refreshing and thats how I knew they cared...he didnt sound British though :-|

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually people from outside of UK don't sound British..

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

Thought it might be nice to start a fun post about the devs that worked so hard for us- love them or hate them....

We're trying to bring it up, but EA-Land is like "Na-uh... try again later. Kthx!"

That girl cracks me up! I hope to hear from her again before this is all said and done!

[/ QUOTE ]

When everyone thought Parizad was man....Lmao.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

o so many!

[/ QUOTE ]
x

kthnx.

[/ QUOTE ]
She's a................ toilet paper............... thief????

Ohhhhhhhhhh, that explains soooooooooooo much.

(Actually, it doesn't, but - wth.)

I

imported_corpatortis

She saves so much money on TP.. then spends it on swords.

I always say hers will be the last home anyone should rob. Spring-loaded katanas

G

<blockquote><hr>

She saves so much money on TP.. then spends it on swords.

I always say hers will be the last home anyone should rob. Spring-loaded katanas

[/ QUOTE ]

But the first place you should run if there is a TP shortage.

I

imported_Founder

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

When everyone thought Parizad was man....Lmao.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean "thought?"

I

imported_corpatortis

Um, because she's obviously not a man unless all of EA and Jackie are lying.

I trust Jackie.

G

<blockquote><hr>

O - i have one Lee one!

Cal Plumber.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cal! :x

and the TP I got from Parizad. I still have it. If I wanted to, I could use it as a paper weight.

I LFY.

G

Gosh.. that Parizad is one good looking man... the boobs and girly figure sure had me fooled though when we met in real life. The womans voice and clothes had me fooled too.
Dang ppl... she is a woman. Willy nilly silly old bears.
Trust me on this.... I KNOW this.
And a footnote on the t.p. she gave me. It was 5 finger discounted from a stripper bar. How about that for some wonderful trivia in the future?!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Um, because she's obviously not a man unless all of EA and Jackie are lying.

I trust Jackie.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Parizad was a man... I would have made it so that she would have to marry me... in the way that old fashioned girls used to force their guys into marrying them.

And I'm anti marriage.

G

LOL Yes thank god she realized I wasn't husband material... talk about dodging a bullet.

I

imported_Danny Dots

Parizad and the rest of the developers were a funny group of people, I always enjoyed and giggled at what they had to say.

I

imported_julilyn

The man pantie drawer tour on Le'cam was educational and entertaining...Cal was a fun time...this one time...in TC3 I surrounded an AFK Lee with 50 flamingos and then married the repairman that was stuck on the lot for a couple days.

G

For me it was the awesome days in the Pub in TC3. It was so exciting hearing the devs visions.

Aside from that the long hours I spent on the phone talking to Lee will always be fond memories.

&lt;3 guys I'll never forget the good times we shared.

I

imported_LFancey

Not sure if this counts but... mine is getting to know so many of you. I think I could probably name 100 Sims off the top of my head that I knew and shared many fun times with. Not only did I get to know you as sims but many as people and you are truely one of a kind.

Most of you have my Yahoo I know so don't be strangers now.

Cheers,

&lt;3

Lee

PS... and the rum lets not forget the rum...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Not sure if this counts but... mine is getting to know so many of you. I think I could probably name 100 Sims off the top of my head that I knew and shared many fun times with. Not only did I get to know you as sims but many as people and you are truely one of a kind.

Most of you have my Yahoo I know so don't be strangers now.

Cheers,

&lt;3

Lee

PS... and the rum lets not forget the rum...

[/ QUOTE ]

:x and hugs for Lee

G

<blockquote><hr>

For me it was the awesome days in the Pub in TC3. It was so exciting hearing the devs visions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second that.

Also working with Greg at the factory .... and him getting ripped off and paying over the odds for a pair of "work boots" because he ran out to buy them with only a few minutes left before the shift started, so didnt have time to shop around. Not sure why that tickled me but it did.

Lee on here - the downtime during one particularly long update, the rum and him wanting a pirate smiley. That was a fun downtime.

Polly

G

Ha! I remember that night, Polly! If we had all actually consumed the amounts of rum we talked about, we'd all have been toast!

And of course, Lee's battle cry when going after exploiters- "Regulators, Mount Up!"

P.S. **Hugs to Lee!**

G

That night was one of my most favorites, too. Maybe because it is the most recent - but what I remember most about that night was the feeling of solidarity and fighting for the good of the game, even though it meant the server stayed down.

I liked all the outage parties that happened on Stratics and the game rep and dev participation in them.
I also very much enjoyed seeing a pic of Randy.

Randy. Talented and lanky Mr. Randy.

I

imported_Cherri Bear

Oh..Easy one....that would be "Use the ATM's"

Yeah right... I did and I want my money back.

G

Ok, here's mine... silly, but funny none the less. It was the first time that they implemented in game parties (skilling rate increase, increased pay on jams, etc.). Anyhow, I was at a moneyhouse jamming away when Lee landed at the house. Several of us decided to friend link with him. So there we all were worshiping, serenading, blowing kisses.. when suddenly he poofed! A few minutes later he returned, and had maxed his side of the link with everyone. For some reason it was taking me FOREVER to get my side of the link to 100% though. I just kept worshiping, serenading, blowing kisses.. Lee told me to stop and then starting luring me and dip kissing. So then everyone was joking and saying that I should put it in my profile that I was lured and kissed by Maxis Lee. LOL! It was a lot of fun!

I guess that's what I really loved most about our devs. They like to have fun just like us. When Parizad posted the silly pics from her new phone onto the blog, I think it made us all realize that they were one of us.

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

<blockquote><hr>

Thought of another one last night...

Raindrops on roses...

[/ QUOTE ]

...and whiskers on kittens! lalalala

I

imported_DutchAmerica

My favorite moment with the devs was.....

when they spotted Iron Chef Starbuck's boobs post TC/TC3 merge.
(don't know how'd they'd miss them since I would just follow them around on lots until they noticed finally. See I had been telling them "iron chef" has boobs and I didn't think they were listening so I took to stalking the devs with Mr. Starbuck's be-boobed body.)

Can't remember who, maybe Randy or Larry kept having me log him out and they'd do something and log him back in and.....

....the boobs were there still. Time and time again. In fact, he still has his boobs!

I

imported_julilyn

This is silly. something I heard a Dev say once ..made me laugh and cry...

mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy

don't ask.

G

A kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
My grandpa sings that all the time.