• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's worn in this slot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for the image quality, but if you can make it out. What exactly is worn in this damn slot? Like is it something I can use for a spell damage item or something?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm guessing it's the earring slot you mean. There are very few beneficial items for that slot. The following possibly being the most useful depending on the protection type.

Wamaps Bone Earrings
You could also have perma nightsight for humans with Nocturne Earrings

What did you take the picture with? A Piece of cheese? o_O

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm guessing it's the earring slot you mean. There are very few beneficial items for that slot. The following possibly being the most useful depending on the protection type.

Wamaps Bone Earrings
You could also have perma nightsight for humans with Nocturne Earrings

What did you take the picture with? A Piece of cheese? o_O
Cellphone of laptop. Didnt turn a light on and ty.

I also zoomed a bit.

Think I'll look for the nocturn earings.

Phreak

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Cellphone of laptop. Didnt turn a light on and ty.

I also zoomed a bit.

Think I'll look for the nocturn earings.
In the future if you are wanting to take a picture of your screen, try the snipping tool. It’s built into windows and does a great job.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the future if you are wanting to take a picture of your screen, try the snipping tool. It’s built into windows and does a great job.
I usually take better pictures, like this. I also use stratics on tapatalk when playing.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Print screen button. Open Paint, paste. Select what you want to show and copy. Paste it here.
I know how to do that on the PC. Lmao

I rebuild systems for a living. That's child play to me.

But as I said. I use tapatalk when playing, that's also a distorted image bec I tried to be nice and give something sm rather than a blown the hell up let me use your whole screen pic.

I will also continue to use TT...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can use both my phone and computer while posting and playing.

Put words in on phone.

Put picture in on PC.
upload_2019-11-6_18-41-21.png

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also, cloud software like OneDrive and Dropbox have built-in screenshot software. You hit CTRL-PrintScreen or ALT-PrintScreen, etc. (varies by program, and might be reassignable to a different keystroke), and it saves the file to your screenshot folder in that cloud. No Paint required, unless you want to crop the pic.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, cloud software like OneDrive and Dropbox have built-in screenshot software. You hit CTRL-PrintScreen or ALT-PrintScreen, etc. (varies by program, and might be reassignable to a different keystroke), and it saves the file to your screenshot folder in that cloud. No Paint required, unless you want to crop the pic.
Ty for all these tips I'm already aware of but I'm quite content and fine using tapatalk. As evidenced, I can do pics juat fine from my phone. I just thought I would try and do a crop that didn't work so well as to not have a large image displayed on everyone elses end even though it shows fine on mine when using full size images.

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
*Scribbles da miner's name next to popps az hummiez dat kant jus say girkle fur takin yooz time out to help meez*

Yooz da snip tool its so easy meez kan dooz it and yooz can tell wut yooz pikturd iz instead ob itz luukin exactly like uh pik turd ob fuzzy nuffinezz.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Scribbles da miner's name next to popps az hummiez dat kant jus say girkle fur takin yooz time out to help meez*

Yooz da snip tool its so easy meez kan dooz it and yooz can tell wut yooz pikturd iz instead ob itz luukin exactly like uh pik turd ob fuzzy nuffinezz.
Nah. At this point, this post is just amusing for me. I got my answer and a new set of night sight earrings.

Draden

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Ok , everyone can point and laugh but did i read someone is playing UO from phone? If so how the heck is that ?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Points and laughs at @Draden - he said he uses STRATICS on his phone while playing UO on his computer. Oh and his pictures still look like x-rays of aliens.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He proberly thinks he will get banned if he is in his house doing nothing and posting on stratics at the same time. Sorry I assumed something that he even knows that he can run UO and have Stratics open on his computer at the same time, that is also assuming that his computer is able to handle more than one thing at a time.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He proberly thinks he will get banned if he is in his house doing nothing and posting on stratics at the same time. Sorry I assumed something that he even knows that he can run UO and have Stratics open on his computer at the same time, that is also assuming that his computer is able to handle more than one thing at a time.
Lmao. Sorry I'm particular with doing things the way I want

Dont like my xrays, dont look at my posts... its that simple!

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
To each their own, lets not tell others how to do something unless they ask. While the picture wasn't the greatest, it got the point across.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I think UO players are the only ones who don’t know how to screenshot!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Being set in your ways is a difficult approach in the old ever-changing IT biz, though right? Hahaha. I just built a new machine myself after being out of school for a few years and... dammm! Made me feel like one of those old geezers talking about the "glory" days of rooms full of giant mainframes.

I also like that to prove his point he posts a pic that's almost as bad.

I'm just horsing around as folks are wont to do on stratty (see above posts for examples of horsing), but tbh the giant ugly pic was easier to discern slots from than the close up. Though it was kind of you to be considerate in cropping it out. Ida prly drawn a big yellow circle around the slot in question.

Oh and congrats on the discovery of a new equipment slot! Opens up a lot of possibiities, doesn't it? Lol! Why, back in my day nocturn earrings were all we had!

Last edited:

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've asked a moderator to lock this post because it's kind of served its purpose. But to reply to yours, before it gets locked.

Yeah the big pic I did post just to be a smart-ass to prove a point so to speak.

But at the same time before I recently came back I think it was like 5 weeks ago. I had been on about a fou to five year Hiatus. So I kind of forgot what was worn in that slot even though I knew it was there when I last played.

Edit: as far as Glory Days Go, I remember buying my first computer. A 486 which was the **** at the time. From somebody in my neighborhood.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Do we not have anything better to do than be overcritical of screenshots? I don't know if there will ever truly be any more totally new players but negativity would be the first thing that would drive them away. Yes, the screen shots are horrible but it worked well enough to answer the question he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.