• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's with all the resets today?

G

Granjell

So, of course, I decide to play Toontown today and just about once an hour whatever district I'm in is reset or I lose connection to the servers. Once we were on the last cog of a five story building, and this latest disconnect was in a CFO.

Wha the huh?

Guess it's back to Wizard until things settle down... I didn't get much done except some new clothes.

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They did update yesterday. I think they get tired of people parking their toons. I don't think the resets are going to stop that was part of update but i really don't have any info on that.

F

Fangs McWolf

So, of course, I decide to play Toontown today and just about once an hour whatever district I'm in is reset or I lose connection to the servers. Once we were on the last cog of a five story building, and this latest disconnect was in a CFO.
Sometimes when there's an update, if there are instabilities, then they will reset a district to clear it out and try to give it a clean/fresh start. Another possibility is that they could have been juggling servers around. With the press of a button, one server can become offline with another taking its place, but with the loss of everyone connected to it.

They did update yesterday. I think they get tired of people parking their toons. I don't think the resets are going to stop that was part of update but i really don't have any info on that.
This was happening on quiet/ideal districts and did happen on NR at least once that I know of. I don't believe it has anything to do with toons being parked.

Also...
Toontown Game Server News: Attn: All Toons! We are tooning up Toontown right now so while we work on our systems your play may be interrupted. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience!

G

Granjell

I guess all the new Halloween surprises were a little too much for the servers to handle. Hopefully things will settle down by the end of the month, so that our new kitties will be able to stay on for more than a few minutes at a time.

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it not that bad today. it still happening. you can at least stay on for more then one hour now.