• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

whats with all the punks?

Uncle Talbo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so here i am working a spawn, and i get a red named courage come by and kill me. Ok I got it thats the nature of the beast right? he's a murderer, im not guilded so its an easy kill for him without worry of reprecusions. so i rez and start working another spawn. A red named Wowza something or other, comes in and kills me. Ok no problem but he's not satisfied with that, no he needs to tell me in not so many words about my lack of skills in his eyes. of course he wasnt there for the spawn so he leaves. i rez and start another spawn, a few more reds come thru and decide that i need to be dispatched yet another time, now keep in mind, i dont have any of these supper items that they have and i dont possess any kind of thrid party program which some of them have admited to haveing, and one of the guys named frost bite although he tried he just couldnt kill me alone. I am not any good any good at pvp,each of you that have killed me solo know that i dont know how to play a mage. So why is it that these punks feel the need to belittle someone who is genuinely trying to learn the game, with out any cheats. are you more of a man now that you have beat me with the help of a freind each of you wearing all these super arties and faction crap, useing your programs to ensure that you dont die to the guy that isnt any good? WOW OMG YER KEWL SO ROX. maybe you can take a break now from being a prick.

B

Beastmaster

Welcome to the wonderful world of UO PvP. It is a game for children or at least those with a childish nature. They do not embrace any of the virtues the game is based on. Their sole existence in the game is to ruin the day of anyone they can. You will soon be bombarded with posts telling you to keep your trammy butt out of Fel. Your mother raised a loser and all other sorts of crap.

UO is slowly sinking to the LCD of humankind.

The only advice I can give you is try to find something else in the game you enjoy because there's a never ending stream of punks in Fel. (Quite a few elsewhere too!)

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Just keep doing the spawns. Dont give up. Perhaps someone from one of the fel guilds will help train you in PvP. Sometimes the reds will even let you finish the spawn with them and hit the champ. Just depends on who you run into.

M

Mr Moosestache

The majority of the PvP population that is left, rely on their UO ego to keep them going. The majority of these players are just not social people, they belittle people who just play the game to play, because it's all they have. Best part is, the majority of these people are just plain bad at the very aspect of the game they belittle others for trying out =<. Their is still a small group of good PvP'ers and good people that (the ones that PvP for the game and the fun in it) would rez you, help you, and be on their way. To bad that population has been dwindling due to the constant dumbing down of PvP as it is. The "punk population" as you called them also never seem to realize that the more anti-social they are towards people attempting to learn PvP and the Fel way of life, the less likely those people will come back and MAYBE repopulate the facet they complain about being dead.

That's just the way it is now. It's a sad state, and very dissapointing to see how things have continued to take the downard spiral into the toilet bowl UO is becoming. Maybe one day before UO is finally closed down completely, EA and it's development team will learn to listen to ALL of their customers, not just be one sided. In return, maybe that one side that isn't being listened may realize that their actions bring it upon themselves. This is the real world though, and common sense, just isn't all that common.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry you had such a bad experience. :(

I'm a Trammy, although I wouldn't mind trying Fel out with a good group of friends to help me along. However, when I started back on Chessy, PvP-minded players helped me out just as much as anyone.

There are good people out there regardless of playstyle. Just keep your chin up and don't let the jerks discourage you! :)

Uncle Talbo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i appreciate the support from you guys, and i got to say a great big thanks to gareth and that wowz guy yesterday for helping witht eh champ, too bad we didnt finish it. And to EG today thanks for letting me spawn with you.

Now I know im not the smartest guy but im confused about something that took place today, maybe you guys can enlighten me. i worked another spawn up to archers, adn this tammer (red ) comes in, he kills me with a dread (ichiban kichigai) i get rezed and return to find the boss all by itself, so I figured i worked it so i deserve it, he comes back in with a g dragon obviously looking to keep the whole thing to himself ( some ppl are just greedy and cant stand the fact that someone else may deserve a break) but he cant kill me while im dropping on his gdrag ( he probly could have killed me if it was just us but he was trying to dispatch the coon) i thought it was a mutual respect kinda thing going on but i was wrong, he calls out for help and heres where im fuzzy...

he calls not a guild mate not even a faction mate, but instead some guy (blue tammer from COM named "Ry") I thought that the purpose of being in factions was to legit fight other factions. It seems that these 2 clowns only joined factions to let eachother get enough kill points off of eachother so that they can have some faction arties, thats just lazy in my eyes. but i guess the question is Does this happen often? i mean is it the norm? I was going to jump on a faction so that maybe someone would help me learn to use the mage but if its just a bunch of hoopla then to hell with it

and can anyone ecomend a faction to start off in if im not part of a big ol guild?

A

AZRIA

The simple solution is to find an active spawning guild and join them. That way you can work spawns and have some people to help you defend against a raid. If you plan on soloing Despise expect to have it taken , or any spawn for that matter. This game is not about "soloing" anymore, get over it and adapt.

It's not about anyone being "punks" , it's about the simple fact that it's a very public spawn and it has alot of traffic flowing through it.

I have friends and such in other factions. I'm sure others do as well. I would help them before I helped someone I didn't even know.

As far as joining a "beginning" faction is concerned, I would recommend joining Minax. I say this because they are capable of fielding very large numbers. TB is becoming more active , COM is trying to get more active , and SL is off and on.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's up man, sorry you had a bad experience as well. There are very few cool kids left who play this game like its a game and not like its there rl. I would probably take azria's advice and go minax but i'd join dmg not FOA. EG Mine i believe is in dmg, he's mad cool, and will prolly bring some class back to that guild. I'm in COM but we're not actively recruiting right now. UHOH has a few cool ppl like melestache (sorry if i murdered his name, dont know how to spell it :(. ) in it but they prolly would only take elite pvp'ers. One thing you don't wanna do is join a guild called WOWZ. I have no problem with neone in it except their guild leader who thinks he's in charge of running the United States Armed Forces, instead of playing a game LMAO. He'll just ruin the game for ya. So talk to EG, or melestache they may guild you up. What is ur chars name? if you stay out of factions ill try to make sure my boys don't kill ya :p

Cy

D

Dragonchilde

I met a very nice red the other day. I killed his blue miner because I thought he was a scripter. He brought out his red, and caught me before i could stealth away. (More accurately, I got away, but just HAD to come back.) He killed me, rezzed me, took nothing, and we stood around talking for a while after. I didn't even report him; he was throughly justified in killing my trammy ass.

If I saw him again, I'd probably say hey. :)

Not everyone's an ass. You're just more likely to run into them when you work fel spawns.

Morpheus Mardox

UO Chesapeake News Manager
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye keep your chin up good sir you'll run into many many good folks over in fel. Some are indeed punks and all of them have thier nights but given time the majority are good folks. God knows I've given up some death robes gettin down there :]