• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's up with the gauranteed gain system?

P

Phoenix

My srealther has been stuck at 80 for months use him every day I just started A archer stuck for 2 weeks at (25) 25 give me A break swordsman stuck at 100 just transfered him from one char to another added A few other skills no gains what so ever anyone got the answer? some skills gain well btw.

B

BartofCats

studded armor for your stealther over 80 thats your problem right there. LOL so to speak. Otherwise i dont know what to tell you with the limited info you have here.

Also.. go to haven unless your on Seige, you can buy the skill to 40 for your archery.

P

Phoenix

Um did uo change the system that im not aware about went from power hour to gauranteed system at least 1 thenth every 24 hours to now you need to wear have or do things to get any gains?

K

Kiminality

As said, the stealther needs armour that isn't leather or "mage armour". A pair of studded gloves should do the trick, although 80 stealth will give you 100% success with meddable armours. 120 will give 100% for other types (up to a certain weight in total), and otherwise the extra skill counts for opposed checks.

Archery... You might be trying to do something that's to hard or easy. At 25 skill... Try a cow/llama/mongbat/horse.

For swords... have you used a power scroll?
If you're not at cap, try whacking a troglodyte in the painted caves. I use them to get beyond GM, even as far as 120.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe stealth is challenged by what you wear. So as you get higher, you only gain off of wearing armor that is harder to stealth in. Just like fighting higher monsters as you gain skill in say fencing. Try studded and when you stop gaining, add in a piece at a time of ring till you find the right combo to get over 100.

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

P

Phoenix

That's not the point of the thread (IS) the GGS system broken or changed it dont seem to be working at all.

P

Phoenix

well I cant say the ggs system works form me I can gain like crazy on some skills others months with not A single 10th gain not just stealth theres A few like that.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

GGS is working excellently, I built an archer from 0-gm in less than a day.

Had only 70 skill points on the char other than Archery, bought it to 40, took the haven quest to 50 as it gives free alacrity gains then used jewlery to allow me to use golem straight away and changed to more hci/dex when I got that high wtih real skill. Had the perfect stats/suit already as it was an old char I was changing. Swinging at cap.

P

Phoenix

Maybe my chars were just born in rennisance that could be the problem doubt it tho herd of others having the same problems I can see the point of the threads lost guess I'll just submit another bug report. oh was beta tester for kr and use ml.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

"Maybe my chars were just born in rennisance that could be the problem doubt it tho "
Mine were second age, but that has nothing to do with it.

P

Phoenix

Yea I no the whole point of this thread is (is or i'snt) the ggs working or not I and others say (not) your sapose to be gauranteed A (10th gain) gain in every skill every 24 hours DO YOU OR DO YOU NOT GET THE (DAILY GAIN.) on your skills all your skills not just the few that go up at blinding speed again (archer stuck at 25.1) give me A break.

P

Phoenix

And have to wonder about A few other parts of the (event system btw) I just swaped my char to swords used A mystic bardiches just me and an archer with not much of A wepon I trashed the zerker in glow and didnt even get rights. go figure.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Yes it is working for me.

It makes a difference what your trying to gain off though regardless of wether your owed a ggs gain.

WWGRD?

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um did uo change the system that im not aware about went from power hour to gauranteed system at least 1 thenth every 24 hours to now you need to wear have or do things to get any gains?
Stealth has since UOR been determined by what you are wearing, maybe even before. You will not get a ggs in stealth unless you are wearing the correct items.

P

Phoenix

Sorry I read the releases about 50 tries you get the gain but I use my stealther and archer hours A day ok lets bump what uo said from 50 to A billion tries then you might get that gain (think again.)