• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whats up with Chessy PvP?

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Now I suck at PvP. I am the worst pvper in the world. I mean really a pvper just had to look at me and I fall dead. Chesapeake use to be filled with very very talented PvPers. From X, SW@T, Champs and more....Im just wondering where all the good pvpers went?

I know yes still some here but when it takes 4 guys 10mins to get me down on Sarberius I have to wonder... Counsala or whatever I know he has always been bad but Happy Boy was a good PvPer.

Now they did the normal Paralize so I went and nabed my 120 resist. They do para they do lighting they lite me up but im still alive. I just wanted to fight one. Couns whatever and he ran away because he couldnt get me paralized and almost died.

So here comes 3 other reds from whatever guildname that isnt important. After someone says dont come here and cry and I kick the junk outta em and they run and now I got four chasen me around. I wouldnt have ran if I didnt have four around I woulda kicked him standing still.

So in the end the Evil Omen Para Efeild Posion worked. Now normaly you can atlest get 3seconds. I got about ten seconds because I dont think they knew what spells to cast.

Same thing with SW@T and parafeild but they had every right to. (This was before I went and got my resist) they had every right to do it and laugh since I didnt have resist or a traped box lol.

So really in the end my question is. Is that all PvP is. One guy shows up and it takes four guys to kill em? You use to be able to get a 1 on 1 and they would die with honor but now its just a cmon everyone bang bang lol.

So here is my final picture of it takeing all of them to kill me. I think the only spells they know is Evil Omen, Para, Efeild, Efeild, Corpse Skin, Explo, Pain, fireball. Or the other guy take out everything after the Efeild and cast two evs hehe.

I think I can see now why all the greatones have left..... If this is what pvp is id leave too lol.

(Oh yeah and I already said I was no good. I was just pointing out how hard its to kill a crappy PvM character heh)

T

truss

its because your so amazing they had to all kill you or you would have taken everybody out. if you want to 1v1 go to the farms or wrong. if you want to group fight go to a gate or spawn.

S

Shanna

It's only a gank when you're the victim. Otherwise, it's called TEAMWORK! :D

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
its because your so amazing they had to all kill you or you would have taken everybody out. if you want to 1v1 go to the farms or wrong. if you want to group fight go to a gate or spawn.
Well I see you missed the first line and whats in wrong?

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
It's only a gank when you're the victim. Otherwise, it's called TEAMWORK! :D
Oh I see. Aye teamwork. Didnt know it takes a team to kill a trammy lol. Plus even if I was with a group of four and we killed someone id still think of that as a gank lol.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now from what I can see on uo.com you have legendary resist and healing. Which would explain why you stayed alive for soo long.The only person in that pic that is really any good is Happy Boy. Now any good pvm person from tram can pvp. If you can handle a heavy spawn of monsters which some cast and dump 20 spells on you at once then you can handle Fel. Not to mention pvmers have the same gear pvpers wear.

U

Unknow

ummm from what ive seen very few trammies wear pvp worthy gear...im not saying none do, but maybe like 1 out of 15-20 has any pvp worthy gear on at all...

Dude1598

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gareth I didnt know that was you that we field in. If did I would of went alittle lighter on the attack.
By the way this is Happy Boy :)

L

Lucy

Well I see you missed the first line and whats in wrong?
A lot of people duel outside of wrong on top of that lil building thingy... NOOB. :lick:

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Gareth I didnt know that was you that we field in. If did I would of went alittle lighter on the attack.
By the way this is Happy Boy :)
Yeah take it easy on the little trammy guy :-(..... I was only going there to get barbed leather and sacrifice my game *Cries*

G

Ga'kuct

Wow! There is something I have not seen in a long long time. Four people took ten minutes to paralyze field gank ya?!? That is some old skool killin right there. I didn't know those tactics still worked. Gak hates to get paralyzed, it seems to last forever.

If it took ten minutes to try to paralyze you, then I too, wonder what is up with chessy PvP.

...Or you are a good runner, or there were no mages, or the mages didn't think to paralyze, or you are really difficult to kill, or you are lucky, or a combination of all the above.

In a confined space, lasting ten minutes, going four on one, is prudy good.

Dude1598

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow! There is something I have not seen in a long long time. Four people took ten minutes to paralyze field gank ya?!? That is some old skool killin right there. I didn't know those tactics still worked. Gak hates to get paralyzed, it seems to last forever.

If it took ten minutes to try to paralyze you, then I too, wonder what is up with chessy PvP.

...Or you are a good runner, or there were no mages, or the mages didn't think to paralyze, or you are really difficult to kill, or you are lucky, or a combination of all the above.

In a confined space, lasting ten minutes, going four on one, is prudy good.
I cant remember exactly where this was maybe Destard ? But I know for a fact with 4 people trying to para gank you and field you in, its kinda hard because someone will hit the target before they get fielded in and got to try all over.

G

Ga'kuct

I cant remember exactly where this was maybe Destard ? But I know for a fact with 4 people trying to para gank you and field you in, its kinda hard because someone will hit the target before they get fielded in and got to try all over.
Coordination takes practice. Setting up the gank, is most of the battle. Its been so long since I have seen a paralyze field, I did not think it worked any more. Destard is a large area to run around.

The Paralyze field gank is classic PvP. Nothing wrong with a classic. Just work on your timing and bring back a classic. Serb is tough to kill.

So there is your answer Gareth, Chessy PvP just needs to practice.