• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] What's the use of discordance?

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,
My treasure hunter bard has peacemaking and provocation.
I'm about to play another bard, tamer this time, and wonder if I should chose discordance over peacemaking, but I have no clue about the benefits from discordance.

What good is it lowering a mob's stats/skills when I could simply peace it or provoke it against another mob?

Thanx for your input.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Hi,
My treasure hunter bard has peacemaking and provocation.
I'm about to play another bard, tamer this time, and wonder if I should chose discordance over peacemaking, but I have no clue about the benefits from discordance.

What good is it lowering a mob's stats/skills when I could simply peace it or provoke it against another mob?

Thanx for your input.
By lowering the mob's stats/skills, you make it a) easier to kill, b) quicker to kill, and c) easier to provo/peace.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
and the mob that's discoed does less to you also!
depending on your play style For thunting I think peace and provo more use full ! at least for me! but on my tamer I go with disco and peace ! again just depends on play style there really is no right or wrong answer!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
For my bard/archer, I keep peace stoned and just use disco/provo. All depends on your respective play style.

L

Luke Carjacker

Disco is very important against higher end creatures. Against champs, it can lower the time to kill them by 50%. Also, as mentioned, it makes creatures easier to provoke. For example, at 120 provoke & music, I believe it is impossible to provoke 2 paragon cu sidhe, but if you discord them both first, you can then provoke them. Against champs, after a discord, provoking other creatures onto them is almost 100% with 120/120 provoke/music.

Against anything as tough or tougher than a dragon (oni, rune beetle, champs, etc.) there will be a noticeable difference in how difficult it is to kill a creature.

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, disco has a lower difficulty check than provo and peace then?

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, disco has a lower difficulty check than provo and peace then?
It has the same difficulty check as targeted peace. However, once discorded, it is easier to peace or provoke the creature.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Discord does not effect the creature's stats. It lowers the resists and skills, not strength, dex, etc...

Stayin Alive,

BG

U

uoBuoY

A Discoed potential pet will hit the Tamer for less damage.
A Discoed pet will train/gain a lot faster.
And everything mentioned above.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
all of the above is correct.

Disco is..... well its just the best(est)

if disco was a girl id marry her.
granted id knock her up and leave her for taming..... but thats just me.
taming has allways been a little bit more sexy and she comes from money.

but yes.
disco is by far one of the best skills in game, bar none, hands down, im rubber your glue, no returnsy's.

Poo

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
when you disco a pet you lower a bunch of stuff on it.
skills, resists ect ect ect.

that in turn effects the calculations that are used for the Barding Difficulty.
whcih in turn lowers the Mobs end Barding Difficulty.

WHICH in the end makes it easier for you to provo or peace it.

in the case of a Paragon or a Peerless or a Renowned which have 160 barding difficulty and are very hard to bard.
once you get the disco off of them they are then a lot easier to bard with provo and peace and with the lower resistances and skills easier to kill.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a question for ya Poo...

When you discord a peerless, they were saying it lasts for 12 seconds? If you re-discord it before that 12 seconds is up does it reset that timer? And does it make it easier to land that next discord while its already discorded, or does it make you wait until the first discord wears off before you can discord it again?

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Disco Last as long as you keep line of site with your target.

You can invis but have to shself every so often to keep it discoed. If it walks to far away it will also undisco.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I have a question for ya Poo...

When you discord a peerless, they were saying it lasts for 12 seconds? If you re-discord it before that 12 seconds is up does it reset that timer? And does it make it easier to land that next discord while its already discorded, or does it make you wait until the first discord wears off before you can discord it again?
disco dosnt wear off.
only 2 things will turn the disco off:
1) death
2) leaving line of site with the critter (so invising yourslef for 11 seconds or running off screen for 11 seconds)

short of doing any of that, as long as you are on screen your disco will remain on the baddy.