• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whats the facts about vet?

H

Hermetic

I'm working on a chr, but the points are gonna be real close. I don't need the chr to be able to res pets, just heal with as much efficiency as possible.

I know with healing over 80 is overkill if you're just looking to heal. Is vet the same way?

M

mutau

do you want to be able to cure? if so, then you need the minimum of 60.1 in both Vet and Animal Lore. if you keep it at the 60.1, you still might have a chance at failing depending on how strong the poison is.

To rez, you need 80 in both skills. hope this helps.

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think a lot is going to depend on what kind of pet you are going to work with and what you are planning to fight. Also, will this character be used for PvM or PvP? Are you expecting to bond with the pet and keep it long term or will the pet be a *sniff* throw-away? What other skills might the character have that can be used to heal your pet (magery healing and chivalry healing works on pets )?

Your Animal Lore skill also affects how much damage is healed when you vet your pet.

Here is a link to the veterinary information (including formulas) on stratics.

There is a two second timer on the veterinary skill regardless of dexterity. So, you would need to figure out how much damage you can heal Vs how much damage you expect your pet to be taking during the battle.

G

Let me guess... youve read the claims on UHall about pets being over powered in PvP and are making a pvp tamer?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Be prepared to be disappointed if that is the case... The only place pvp tamers are over powered is on Siege...