• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's the different effective Mastery by Taming skill? Real 120 skill between not real 120 skill with add jewely.

Cortina

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I heard some different
real skill and not real skill added gear's skill points.
He said "can not explane,but different!"

I wanna true

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mastery abilities are based on Real Skill, not Modified Skill. The Taming Masteries scale pretty sharply with real skill, with a big difference in performance of Consume Damage even between 115 vs 120 skill.

Cortina

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Mastery abilities are based on Real Skill, not Modified Skill. The Taming Masteries scale pretty sharply with real skill, with a big difference in performance of Consume Damage even between 115 vs 120 skill.
Oh, Not so much as performance with big differ?! How much different is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
To add a question to this discussion for my own confirmation... are number of available stable slots affected by real skill or modified skill?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
To add a question to this discussion for my own confirmation... are number of available stable slots affected by real skill or modified skill?
I've never paid attention but will check when I get home from work

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Modified skill affects the number of stable slots. Stable Slots are based on Animal Taming skill, Animal Lore skill, Veterinary skill, Taming Mastery Level, and any Stable Slot Tokens that char has consumed. The max possible number of Stable Slots is 42, with 120 Taming/120 Lore/120 Vet, Lvl 3 Taming Mastery and 7 Stable Slot Tokens used.

Ascalon

Adventurer
Real skill is also the gate keeper for pet training. So if you have 105 real skill + 15 jewelry it will block you from advancing to the next level for your pet.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it also effects pet transfer.

Deschet

Journeyman
Real skill is also the gate keeper for pet training. So if you have 105 real skill + 15 jewelry it will block you from advancing to the next level for your pet.

That can't be true because I've trained and controlled many a pet up to 5 slots using a tamer in the 80ish real skill range with +skill jewelry.

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed

No, it will not.
I never had real skill in taming and lore more than 100 . Rest is jewels:
for example 109 taming 108 lore for thrower. And +20 for stabling and command follow me+guard me.

Power scrolls are important. If you only ate 105 power scroll , you will not be able to transfer (accept) fully trained pet or fully train your pet. Jewels will not take you over cap.