• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tinkering] What's the best way to maximize profit from tinker bods?

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have 1000's of tinker bods and figured I'd best do something with them, but what?

- Do I churn the iron bods to get more hopefully better bods?
- Do I try to complete large bods or ignore them?
- Do I bribe any of them to go for specific rewards?

The moonstone and powder kegs probably sell for a little, worth the work?

Perhaps it would be best to go for the ore maps and just dump colored ingots into the cleanup britannia trash to go after those rewards instead?

What's the best way of dealing with tinker bods to maximize profits, suggestions welcome.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Never completed one large bod in tinkering.
Small I bribe forks and knives to max for POF kegs. Use many myself. Sell some also. Moonstones are not hot seller. Market not very big. I used 2 : one for gargish kotl black rod one for glasses.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I use the Large BODs for the Artisan festival

Moonstones might sit on your vendor awhile
(haven't checked prices lately, but I usually pay 8M for them)
but you might make more if you already have the hat, to make Dr Spectors Lenses

powder of fort kegs sell for around 3M empty

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
What about going for maps to toss ingots into the cleanup chest? Each map seems to generate 800-1000 colored ingots.

In fact the price of the ingots, if sold on a vendor, matches their value if tossing them into the cleanup chest. 100gp per point.

Valorite is selling for 60m per 60k etc.

Some of the cleanup items are selling beyond the 100gp per pt amount, such as some dyes, some trinkets occasionally and I haven't checked the rest. Hmm dumping ingots to trade ministers for things like city banners.... which would be the most profitable? I'm sure there's other options I haven't even considered.