• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whats the best way to farm gold?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, whats the best way to farm gold?

It depends what kinda character you are and what you like to do.

You can kill Daemons or titans and cyclopses with a warrior.Or kill Swoop with a Tamer. You can do Champ spawns with spellcasters and bards. The list can go on, just a matter of what you feel like doing. :)

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I prefer Balrons with my tamer.

Just out of curiosity: A spellcaster or a bard can solo a champ spawn?

G

GFY

Most experienced players can solo a Barracoon with a slayer weapon or spell book and well prepared template. The only problem would be the reds that would try to take the champ spawn away from you.

My personal favorite way to gold farm is to kill Ice Fiends in the Ice dungeon with my mage and a demon slayer spell book. The fiends spawn quickly and are easily killed with 1 explosion flame strike combo.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've seen a female sampire template solo semidar (in Ilshenar, no less, where the spawn can be paragons - multiple paragons from the 4th stage can be worse than any red raid), though they had to have help from a guildmember (possibly an alt of theirs running a second account on a different machine) to get through the burning gargoyles to the Daemons & succubi, who stayed nearby in case Semidar got lucky and killed the sampire.

I accidentally soloed barracoon in Ilshenar with my tamer/bard & GD (stumbled on the spawn running rats at 2 AM, no one showed - seemed like forever to get barracoon to drop; but that was probably because I am still training the character, didn't have disco on at the moment, and was limited to the occasional provo of a mage or archer paragon onto each other or onto Barracoon himself - at 90s music & provo, with a gwenno's harp - in fact, my only skills 100+ real skill were animal lore and Vet (magery & taming only over 100 through equipment; everything else 80s and 90s) - and I only used magery to heal the pet when it was fighting Barracoon, to stay out of range of the champ).

If you want Champ gold, the best way is to figure out a template that can solo Semidar, Neira or Mephitis in Ilshenar. People tend to avoid those spawns like the plague (in fact, the groups I've seen would rather fight RIKKTOR than one of those three, because of their stage 2-4 spawn types).

Anyone here besides me think they need to trade Bone Mages & Liches between stages for Neira, and Burning Gargoyles & Daemons between stages for Semidar?

A

Arch Magus

Just make a stealther. Walk around where they are doing Champs in Felucca and pick up the gold. You'll make mils per day, I guarantee it. :thumbsup:

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spawners are still leaving it? I'd have thought the reverting of the bags of sending would have dried up the gold left in spawn areas.

A

Arch Magus

Spawners are still leaving it? I'd have thought the reverting of the bags of sending would have dried up the gold left in spawn areas.
I didn't say you had to wait til they were done.;)
The bag of send changes only makes it easier for the gold cleaner.

Or better yet, make your stealther a Thief!
Making one good grab will usually net you a few mils.
:danceb:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, especially in Ilshenar Valor & Humility, not everyone is using CTRL-SHIFT for object handles, to find all the gold. I'll occasionally show up at those two spots and find 3-5 piles behind trees or rocks, that people missed. And, since individual piles can be 500 gold to 6k now, those can add up.

A

Arch Magus

And, especially in Ilshenar Valor & Humility, not everyone is using CTRL-SHIFT for object handles, to find all the gold. I'll occasionally show up at those two spots and find 3-5 piles behind trees or rocks, that people missed. And, since individual piles can be 500 gold to 6k now, those can add up.
Yep. same goes for Despise dungeon altar (most commonly done) and others.

ScottishHero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It all does depend - Champ spawns are hit and miss, ive gone through 5+ in a row with nothing good par the gold that drops at the end, however even WITHOUT getting a +20 scroll or such people pay HIGH amounts for SoTS - I got 10million for an animal taming, best slime I ever killed :)