• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] What's the best town for all BODs?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Is there a particular town/city where I can get BODs for ALL the crafts and that the different craft NPCs are close together?

Just trying to make BOD collecting as painless as possible.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
That would be mostly likely Luna, but because of that, bribing is expensive.

It's worth it to travel way outside - like Cove to bribe up a blacksmithy BOD, for instance.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Umbra has everything but the scribes.

Blacksmith in the forge area by moongate
Alchemist in the mage shop across from it.
Cook/baker at the tent east of mages.
Tinker at provisioner's to east of baker's tent.
Carpenter & fletcher on the east side of the inn
Tailor to the south of inn

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think it's worthwhile to make rune books with all similar type vendors in one book. Another of my Long To Do list in UO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think it's worthwhile to make rune books with all similar type vendors in one book. Another of my Long To Do list in UO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Back in the day, even as late as AoS, that was a common activity and source of income for scribes. They'd go around with their base book for that shop type, mark 8-20 runes off each shop (depending on how common the shop type was), then assemble the books (sometimes in the field, for the large numbers of runes, other times they'd wait till they got home).

It started tapering off after ML with all the no-recall locations in SE & ML - but before then, it was not uncommon to hear someone yell for help in chat (guild or general) because their scribe had blundered into an invasion going from town to town, or into monster spawn when marking inside Tram or Malas dungeons, or outside one of the Tokuno dungeons. A couple times, I would even be out hunting, not having heard anything, and looted a crate full of a mix of marked and unmarked runes off monsters (and sometimes mark & recall scrolls), who had looted scribes. Why the players used a non-combat scribe to mark in Tokuno or inside dungeons, I never could understand - you couldn't get me to do that sort of thing without Inscription being on a mage with maxed out Magery and Eval, but that was before we could get spellbooks with additional bonuses, based on the scribe's magery.

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When playing the EC, by zooming out you can get all the bods in Luna except Cooking and Scribe. For those two i marked runes into Jhelhom because the cook shop and scribe are right next to each other. The reason for the EC is that you can zoom way out and just grab each bod with out moving more than 4 or 5 tiles.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can get all the types of BODs by running around Britain. I usually start at the scribes, then hit the tavern, then the alchemist, the tailor, the armourer, the tinker, go under the overpass, hit the carpenter, and then the bowyer and you're done. (Or get your blacksmith, cooking, and alchemy BODs on the same side of Britain as the carpenter and bowyer.)

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Funny that I do the opposite route that Tina Small does in Britain. Heh

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I think I started going to Britain because of the scribes being there, so that's where my route starts.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zento is another good city for getting all of the BODs. Going in a big counter-clockwise circle starting near the bank, you can get cooking, inscription, alchemy, fletching, blacksmithing, tailoring, tinkering, and carpentry BODs.