• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Whats so great about 120 fishing and bait?

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Whats so great about 120 fishing and bait? I am at 118.6 and I catch less Rare fish then I did at 110. Now all I get is fat tub of lard tail "Big Fish" and the bait? Burned 300 Stone crab bait with 118 fishing not one single Stone Crab and I let them all sit at least three *Bobs*

Burned through 100 Golden Tuna bait with not a single Golden Tuna and don't get me started on the 250+ Void Crab bait I burned through without getting a single void crab.

Yes I know where to go to fish these things up but my question is whats so great about 120? Its worse then 110 fishing.

and PS fish dev person your bait does jack!

K

Kim Li of LS

The baits only work in water that the fish can be caught in. If you are trying to get stone crab you must be in the lost lands, golden tuna in Tok, and the void lobster in the mystery spot from book6. Any other place you get nothing as you experienced. I did the same thing with stone crab bait, used it in tram and got nothing.

As for the benefits of 120 fishing, I would say the primary benefit is the title.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting 120 fishing is something you really need to work for. The fisherman who got Legendary fishing with fishmonger quest should be proud of there achievement. :)