• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's next?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Although some people complained about the crappy rewards and shard bound "treasure of..." week long events, I rather enjoyed them to break up the monotony. It's been about a week since the last event ended and I can honestly say I haven't logged in since the event ended due to the lack of new content.

I know based on the June newsletter that we have something coming in September but there really wasn't much detail as to what it is besides the name. I understand much of this year hasn't been "normal" due to the pandemic but I think that the severe lack of communication this year can't really be blamed on that. Seems to me like the pandemic has just been an excuse for them to not communicate (or stick to) a plan.

I have a feeling that while the DEV/EM tool has been made a big deal by the DEVs since it expedites setup; it won't really be utilized for "treasures of..." events. I hope I'm wrong but I think that we will get the Halloween event with likely the same rewards and maybe one other event. Aside from that the EM tool will just be used for a couple of hour long EM events and for Krampus. Basically a whole lot of the same stuff even though the DEVs/EMs should now have all this extra time from using the tool.

Anyone else have any ideas of what's next (since the DEVs aren't really giving us much)?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Probably all of sept. To grind resources for the oct. event that we only need 10% of what we grinded, to grind for turn ins where we only get 1 or 2 useful items.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IMO they did have plans for other things because they said the Biggest and Boldest Announcement would be in the Spring. Now that seems to be pushed past pub 110. If we ever see what exactly it is.

Here is what is coming up. They told us. Clicky

September is just a few weeks away.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
IMO they did have plans for other things because they said the Biggest and Boldest Announcement would be in the Spring. Now that seems to be pushed past pub 110. If we ever see what exactly it is.

Here is what is coming up. They told us. Clicky

September is just a few weeks away.
I agree they likely had something planned but I've yet to see or hear anything remotely close to big or bold so I'm guessing it's being saved for next year (hopefully people are still interested by then).

I know based on the June newsletter that we have something coming in September but there really wasn't much detail as to what it is besides the name.
Thanks for that link (I couldn't find it)! It pretty much proves what I said originally; they say "Black Gate" is coming in September followed by "Undead Lords" but nothing else. I'm not expecting full disclosure and I understand this was the June newsletter but to your point we are only a couple weeks away now and there has literally been nothing else. I'd think they would want to create some kind of buzz and maybe let out a couple teasers but it's been crickets... and that's my point in a nutshell.

I guess time will tell what is in store for us, I just hope I am still interested in playing at that time. :(

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They had bold plans then COVID happeneed.
Yea that's what they say... but we are dealing with a DEV team of what? 5-7 people max? That being the case I don't really buy that excuse 100%. It is very possible to coordinate those bold plans without requiring everyone to physically be in the same room; if it's delayed a few months due to COVID I get it but we are going 5-6 months and we literally have nothing new (IDOC changes went in at the very start of COVID). I'm not aware of them actually losing resources so unless that's the case, I don't see why we haven't heard some new details of what to expect.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People all over the world in IT are working from home... Tired of hearing COVID as an excuse for sloppy service, here and everywhere else.

The new great big event that will put us in front of the largest audience ever, will be about 6 months after the new acct management page shows up.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards

people have been asking at meet & greets for them to follow the lore of the games...
if you read about the previous games before this, you will see that the Avatar, is actually Hawkwind.
because Hawkwind is the one who opened the Time Gate.

so this might be what we are going to be doing in 2 weeks or so

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, we killed his reflection a few months back at one em event, so good times. We killed the avatar. Lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, we killed his reflection a few months back at one em event, so good times. We killed the avatar. Lol
The EMs know the story lines. In our Gov meetings I try to mention what I hear about upcoming events. I mentioned that our Astronomers have seen the planets in unusual formations. When the King gave his briefing to us afterwards, he said Royal Astronomers noted the planets will be aligned in the near future and they predict unknown magics will occur.

So, @Keven2002 My prediction. The alignment will cause an alteration in the fabric of time and a gate will open that allows us to enter Britannia before Pub 16. A throwback shard is the biggest and boldest! :devil:

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That woukd be so sweet.

I want my gm archer armour, and a silver vanq axe on my lumber war

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Would be hilarious if that happened and people could go through the portal with all of today's gear... it would be a bull in a china shop! It would be like Billy Madison playing dodgeball :gee:

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Would be hilarious if that happened and people could go through the portal with all of today's gear... it would be a bull in a china shop! It would be like Billy Madison playing dodgeball :gee:
Do you remember when killing a Balron took an entire guild. Pepperridge farm remembers

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Do you remember when killing a Balron took an entire guild. Pepperridge farm remembers
I remember when Dragons were super scary... and took the whole guild to hunt. I remember getting my first Dragon Slayer bow and thinking I could finally take one... so I ran right up to one someone released and "Plink"... didn't even move the healthbar... and it breathed fire on me and took me to 1/3 health... at which I ran back into town to WBB screaming .... and it came and killed everyone standing there... I sheepishly said... Um... Oops Sorry...