• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] whats needed to kill night eyes

loki danu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive got my samp looking good now but what will it take to kill it? i get 2 hits and dead

im
120 swords
115 bush
115 parry
100 tac
115 resist
100 necro
rest in chiv

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What is your suit and weapon type w/mods?

I'd personally go anatomy over resist for Navrey, but other than than minor tweak, your template is not the problem. I suspect the issue is with your weapon and suit.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use anat instead of resist for more damage. Only 100 tactics is really low.
Daisho for feint, keep counterattack or confidence active all the time. Make good use of evasion. Use greater strenght / agility pots.
Make sure you are as close to 45 dci as you can, add hla to the weapon if possible. Armored swamp dragon can also help alot here.
Or lame tactics, just do enough damage to get loot rights ( hit and run) and let the pillars do the work.

Also ,most people that use that 115-120 resist build have lower then gm parry to make room for 70-80 chiv and 110-120 tactics.
That lower parry leads to weapons with feint.

Tbh i did never do many navrey's on sampire because i was always getting unpredictable results, i prefer chars with healing there. But the basic rules are the same.

V

Vaneca

I been killing Navrey quite alot some time ago.
Sometimes you just get unlucky and die.
But usually you should be fine with Feint and Evade + a Swamp Dragon with armor on.
I´d go for 120 bush/parry tho.
Resist is not necessarily required for navrey.
Maybe swap it for Spellweaving? -> Gift of Renewal, Attunement and just in case Gift of Life :D

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Make sure you are hitting evasion as soon as your hit points go below 100 and then and immediate confidence. Your subsequent swings will pull you back to full health via vamp life leech.

The only time Navrey can get harry is when webbed. With 120 Bush, 120 Parry and 45 DCI I rarely got killed while webbed. The first AI out of webbing and I was back in action. It is a slower battle, but you can use a Daisho and use feint to lower Navrey's damage on you. But that isn't an AI weapon so I only use feint on my Origin sampire who runs with healing (no parry). I find that 40-45 HCI on the suit is important to ensure you don't whiff in that first swing post-webbing. That first hit is critical to healing yourself.

BTW, watch out for other people using the pillars. If you are webbed and they set off the rockfall attack then you are dead. The best way to avoid this when others are around is to set off the attack yourself. I have found that my drop rate is better when no one uses the rocks, but staying alive when others are vying for that Tangle is more important.