• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WHATS IT LIKE

D

dinaj

you ALL suck and I hate you for being able to log in to ea land when I can't ...

Sooooooooooo ahhhhhhhhh spill tell me all about it .... LOVE ya's ....

C

calvinscreeksim

afk stores, afk random places again, however people are mingling more at popular joints. and its neat to see people jamming and talking again, not so much of a ghost game like before.

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

nothing NEW ?

[/ QUOTE ]

we are all poor

G

it's where the updates go after they've been tested in Test Center 3 in what will eventually become the finished product...otherwise, new houses, some new people playing there rather than the production cities, and starting from scratch which is the fun part for me

G

its a lot like beta...well this is beta

oh yeah! and no roofs...lol

D

dinaj

so its just like the opening of any other new city except with 500 start up money? While it is definately fun to have a busy city, I am a bit dissappointed to hear this ... Smells like tc3.

K

Keep It Real

It is the same city map as TC3....................&lt;yawn&gt;

G

the difference being that the production cities will merge into EALand along with the changes forthcoming...TC3 will remain what it's name implies, a test center

K

Keep It Real

I said it was the same city map. I know all the the production cities will be a part of it, still a yawn fest.

D

dinaj

while I am disappointed (just a little) I am still looking foward to all the changes, even though I have mixed feelings about them. I guess we just have to wait because, we all scream for the EA Land opening and they rush to give it to us then we (me) complain ...
.... the devs could have poked me with that stick if they had made one lol.

oh and IM IN wooo hoo

G

*ttl*

I am trying not to laugh...truly, but you guys are funny, in a knee-jerk reaction sorta way.

....TC3 is and always was the test version of EA Land.....so why would anyone expect the new city to be substantially different?

As things are tested in TC3, they will be added to EA Land. The only real significant difference between the two will be the ATM (can't sell simoleon back to EA in TC3)......and the much bigger population once all the cities are merged, in EA Land.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

It is the same city map as TC3....................&lt;yawn&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

There is one other map, If you zoom out to the entire map of EA Land (by pressing the - zoom out button) there is one other city map where a few people have already made their houses. Its the one that is south and to the right of the IH map. And to the right about 2 maps of the AV map.

Theres also the TC map but you cant buy any lots there.

D

dinaj

because its STILL the same game I quit years ago, maybe opening day should have waited until something NEW and DIFFERENT that pertains to game play was introduced.

I do not believe that pretending to love eveything the devs do helps improve the game. I do however believe they are doing a good job and working very hard to please everyone, which is an impossible task.

That being said, I was holding out for a surprise in EA Land on opening day and glad to be of service to you in providing a giggle today ...

G

I'm with Gilly, but instead of laughing I shake my head in wonder that anyone would think there can be something new in the beta city without "testing" it first. *shrugs*

D

dinaj

why open the city then? There are bugs galore anyway so why not throw a bone

G

Because nothing gets to EA Land without testing first, including bug fixes. TC3 will always be a couple weeks ahead of EA Land.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm with Gilly, but instead of laughing I shake my head in wonder that anyone would think there can be something new in the beta city without "testing" it first. *shrugs*

[/ QUOTE ]

The one and only thing I am chomping at the bit to see in EA Land that will be substantially different is the new graphics engine. I do understand though that EA could not have delayed the opening of EL (we've got to find an abbreviation for EA Land, guys LOL) for that graphics engine to be instituted. The game could not have sustained the negative income for that long.....so yes, I'm still anxiously yet patiently awaiting that, but very excited to see that they at least have the ground work in place for the feature I am gonna enjoy most to be implemented.

I

imported_SimTripps

As long as they don't wipe all the money I've made doing pizza the last couple of days lol... Actually, I was hoping for more of a 3D land, a la Sims 2...

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

As long as they don't wipe all the money I've made doing pizza the last couple of days lol... Actually, I was hoping for more of a 3D land, a la Sims 2...

[/ QUOTE ]

Money wipe will be the day before cash out is ingame.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Money wipe will be the day before cash out is ingame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before the panic starts.....he is joking...