• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's Hot and What's Not in UO Equippables

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to do a followup survey of player-run vendors on all shards to find out about which shards still have vendors selling more than just the basics. Some very kind people replied to my "small luxuries" thread, but I'm still wondering what exactly it is that people will actually buy beyond the basics. So I created some "forms" in Google to try to find out, at least for equippables (i.e., artifact-quality armor, clothing, jewelry, spellbooks, talismans, weapons, and barding instruments, even though those last aren't equippable).

The way the forms work is that you just need to look at the name of each item and then indicate on a sliding scale whether or not you'd buy it. (If you already own it, just pretend you don't for purposes of filling out the form.) An answer of 1 means you wouldn't buy it at all, an answer of 3 means you might buy it if you couldn't find something better and then again maybe you're wishy-washy enough that you wouldn't buy it, and an answer of 5 means you really, really want it.

You can skip any item you want and at the end you will have an option to see a summary of all the responses so far to that particular form.

So, here are links to the various forms:

Desirability of UO Armor, Shield, and Clothing Artifacts - Desirability of UO Armor, Shield, and Clothing Artifacts

Desirability of UO Jewelry, Talisman, Spellbook, and Barding Instrument Artifacts - Desirability of UO Jewelry, Talisman, Spellbook, and Barding Instrument Artifacts

Desirability of UO Weapon Artifacts - Desirability of UO Weapon Artifacts

After there have been some responses, I should be able to export them to spreadsheets and plan to provide links for those as well. I think it may be interesting to see how people feel about various artifacts and find out which ones are most in demand.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a humble soul. Only item I really want is an Alchemy Talisman of something like +15 to go with a +10 item I have so I can stop wasting saltpeter when making fuses. Sadly I've only got a few million so it would be well out of my price range. Got to keep donating to the library until I give them enough hides to get one.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
I would like to do a followup survey of player-run vendors on all shards to find out about which shards still have vendors selling more than just the basics. Some very kind people replied to my "small luxuries" thread, but I'm still wondering what exactly it is that people will actually buy beyond the basics. So I created some "forms" in Google to try to find out, at least for equippables (i.e., artifact-quality armor, clothing, jewelry, spellbooks, talismans, weapons, and barding instruments, even though those last aren't equippable).

The way the forms work is that you just need to look at the name of each item and then indicate on a sliding scale whether or not you'd buy it. (If you already own it, just pretend you don't for purposes of filling out the form.) An answer of 1 means you wouldn't buy it at all, an answer of 3 means you might buy it if you couldn't find something better and then again maybe you're wishy-washy enough that you wouldn't buy it, and an answer of 5 means you really, really want it.

You can skip any item you want and at the end you will have an option to see a summary of all the responses so far to that particular form.

So, here are links to the various forms:

Desirability of UO Armor, Shield, and Clothing Artifacts - Desirability of UO Armor, Shield, and Clothing Artifacts

Desirability of UO Jewelry, Talisman, Spellbook, and Barding Instrument Artifacts - Desirability of UO Jewelry, Talisman, Spellbook, and Barding Instrument Artifacts

Desirability of UO Weapon Artifacts - Desirability of UO Weapon Artifacts

After there have been some responses, I should be able to export them to spreadsheets and plan to provide links for those as well. I think it may be interesting to see how people feel about various artifacts and find out which ones are most in demand.
Done!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, everyone. I haven't had a chance yet to really look at the results. Started scanning down one of them and saw this one that kinda made me giggle.

captain john's hat results.JPG

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am finding that funny as well...

I think it's a good beginner type hat... not that any of my characters currently wear it but it does have some decent qualities. I think I gave the 3... or 4 I can't recall.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Captain Lucky has a couple of Captain John Hats cause he really likes tricorne hats. But I current wear one that's better.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Gov Jack Sparrow of Legends wears a Blackthorns Tricorne hat (Mace and shields version).
My Thunter/Priate on Atlantic is Marion Ravenwood and when I created her, I was able to give her tattoos and a patch on her eye (EC is great!), so I love the tricorne hats too, make her took..piratey. :pirate:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far, there are 12 responses to the form on armor, shields, and clothing; 6 responses to the form on jewelry, talismans, and barding instruments; and 4 responses to the form on weapons. Will put up links to the spreadsheets with the responses later today.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I took a quick scan through the list and I can tell you that 90% of that list is not desirable. The list is desirables is soo short you could just list them here.
Cameo's, Minax Sandal's, Scholar's Halo, Slither, Crimson Cincture, Orny(this is lower now due to town bonus), Mage Cuffs, Conjurer Garb, Capt John Hat(this is only due to skill increase and pvp use), LT sash, Royal Guard Invest Cloak, Despicable Quiver, Jumu Sacred hide, Hawkwind Robe, Mace and Shield(mostly pvm), Prismatic Glasses, Hephatus Shield. That's about it for equippable artifacts. Rest of it would be high end global loot armor and jewels. This is a huge reason why the game is so low in population!!!! There may be a couple of items I missed, but they would probably fall under opinion rather then desired by everyone.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I took a quick scan through the list and I can tell you that 90% of that list is not desirable. The list is desirables is soo short you could just list them here.
Cameo's, Minax Sandal's, Scholar's Halo, Slither, Crimson Cincture, Orny(this is lower now due to town bonus), Mage Cuffs, Conjurer Garb, Capt John Hat(this is only due to skill increase and pvp use), LT sash, Royal Guard Invest Cloak, Despicable Quiver, Jumu Sacred hide, Hawkwind Robe, Mace and Shield(mostly pvm), Prismatic Glasses, Hephatus Shield. That's about it for equippable artifacts. Rest of it would be high end global loot armor and jewels. This is a huge reason why the game is so low in population!!!! There may be a couple of items I missed, but they would probably fall under opinion rather then desired by everyone.
I agree. But if you can afford/find those. Dr. Spectors, Corguls sash, Mana phasing orb, shadow cloak.