• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whats a Motto With You Contest: Phase 2!

• Thread starter imported_Ishtar
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Ishtar

Phase 2 Everyone, below is the list of all the admissable ideas. I need everyon to reply with their faves. We'll vote ina few weeks on the top 3 or 5 depending how many we have!

Atlantic
Where it all began.
From Rachel

"Atlantic, land of the Neon Glow!"
From Mogwart

Atlantic: The last hope for your Ultima Online experience
From Tnynyn

Atlantic! Where you'll always find adventure!
From MollyAtlantic

Atlantic: We Create Words
Atlantic: Barton's People
From Stuffa

Atlantic, for 5mil gold in Luna
From Euphorium

Atlantic - so many people, so little taste in clothes
From Cat Crimson

Atlantic: Land of a Thousand Play Styles
Atlantic: BARTON!
From EricksonYates

Atlantic, the lost server.
Atlantic: Can we get patches first again?
From CearDallbenZOG

Atlantic, the other white meat.
Atlantic: Land of brave Lords and Virtuous Ladies
From Sam the Scribe

Atlantic: Home of The Syndicate.
Atlantic: The way Sosaria should be.
From GFY

"I used to bullseye mongbats back home on Atlantic. They're no bigger than two meters."
From Nicodemus

"Atlantic: Vos Es Domus" (Translations "Atlantic, You're Home")
From Grig of Einhorn

Atlantic: We are the borg.
From Halister Marner

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i like rachel's "where it all began"

and then... after that... cat crimson's so many people, so little taste in clothes

I

imported_Ishtar

This one my hubby and I adore, us being mondo Star Wars fans and all!

"I used to bullseye mongbats back home on Atlantic. They're no bigger than two meters."
From Nicodemus

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had really high hopes for "Atlantic the other white meat." but Pug insists my vote goes for Lady Rachel's "Atlantic where it all began."

*Pug releases chokehold on Sam...*

Of course I wouldn't want that to discourage others from voting for mine.

Oh just curious... since I made two submissions do I get two votes? (kidding)

Safe Travels, Sam

I

imported_Ishtar

Remember this is for the finalists not the final vote

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Home of the Syndicate made the admissable list but neither of the one's that referenced Barton made it?

I think I will abstain....

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't that mean were all voting twice then? I'm confused.

Didn't see any reference to finalists in your OP...

T

Tazar

Hope this will help clear up any confusion...

Copy of the original post by Ishtar:

<blockquote><hr>

It's a new year and Atlantic section of Stratics needs a new motto! Here's how it works!

Reply to this article with your idea, the submissions MUST follow the Rules of Conduct, violations will instantly be disqualified. This will run for about two weeks.

After that time, the motto's will be compiled into one post and we'll ask for your favorites to be named, this will run for about another two weeks.

When we have a top five a vote will be posted and will run for two more weeks.

After the poll closes the winner will be announced in the Atlantic News!

The winner will also receive a prize from Tazar, and a custom signature by Ishtar!

[/ QUOTE ]

We are currently in the phase that is listed in Bold text narrowing the field down to 5 to be submitted to a vote.

Safe Journeys!

C

Cat Crimson

<blockquote><hr>

Home of the Syndicate made the admissable list but neither of the one's that referenced Barton made it?

I think I will abstain....

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same.

Also, I don't understand why my specious suggection is admissable whereas the one I made quite seriously isn't ? what's not admissable about paraphrasing a Thomas Hardy novel title to try and convey Atlantic's large population ?

*shrugs*

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
<blockquote><hr>

We are currently in the phase that is listed in Bold text narrowing the field down to 5 to be submitted to a vote.

Safe Journeys!

[/ QUOTE ]

This motto will represent all people of Atlantic. With all due respsect to Ishtar (she does a great job), I think all motto's that do not violate the Rules of Conduct should be included in this round of voting, not just the ones that are deemed "admissable".

*starts Barton chant*

I

imported_Ishtar

All were posted with two exceptions as Tazar asked me to remove his and one was borderline RoC as it contained language that was unnaceptable. Otherwise they are all there, I added the few Barton ones I missed, I hopefully got them all.

W

Wolfthistle

I like Rachel's: Where it all began.

Sincerely,

Wolfthistle.

C

Cat Crimson

In which case, I vote for : Atlantic : Barton's People.

And " Atlantic : where you're never Far from the Madding Crowd " borderline RoC violation ? Huh ?

btw I am not making that point because it's mine. Apart from that there was only one submission I can see that may have been near transgressing the RoC.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being a fierce Barton fan myself how about combine them a bit?

Atlantic Where it all began
Home of Barton the Conqueror

Notrab!

W

Wolfthistle

Hey, That's much better.

Can we add that one to the finalists? It gets my vote.

Sincerely,

Wolfthistle

I

imported_MollyAtlantic

I do like mine but I think Rachel took my original thought and I had to think of another one. Cudos Rachel! Great moto!

<font color="red">Atlantic
Where it all began.
From Rachel</font>

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Cool, thanks Ishtar

If Lady Rachael's revised submission:

Atlantic Where it all began - Home of Barton the Conqueror makes it in this is where I cast my vote.

If it does not make the finals Erickson's smiple BARTON! gets it.

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol this is awesome i didn't think people would be remotely up for barton becoming a part of their lives once again

I'd love it if the one of the barton mottos were to be put up too

T

Tazar

Aye... and since you are not playing... I'd not have to part with the prize!
ROFL!

G

everyone seems to like "where it all began"....... but technically speaking, it all began a long time ago in a galaxy far away. Id like to cast my vote for.....myself.

thx to you and your husband for the support Ishtar!

I

imported_Ishtar

I just need to get my hubby to register to stratics, everyone we'd like to have about 5 to vote on for the final round! Keep your faves coming!

I

imported_Grigg of Einhorn

It appears there is a lot of interest in this Barton guy. As for myself, someone who has only been playing a few years, I have no idea what the hoopla is all about. If the Motto is suppose to be for everyone, then there must be others, besides myself, that are clueless to this whole Barton thing.

Care to enlighten those of us that are clueless to Barton before making that (in some fashion) Motto? I suppose I totally missed the point of this contest. Is it guild specific or something?

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tis hard to explain the phenomenon that is Barton.
It started as a young lad's battle cry and spread throughout the lands.
However intended when it was begun it took on mythical reference and a life of it's own.
No it is not guild specific. But most definitely shard specific.

Many shards know the cry of BARTON!! as Atlantians came pouring through moongates to invade their corner of the world. With a sigh they would watch us mill about or wander semi-organized through the towns performing random acts of utter silliness. The stunned look of disbelief from the L33t PwNzeR's of distant shards as Bartons streamed lemming-like out of Fel Yew Moongate. The shouts of "Merry Christmas Atlantic" as masses of Santa Bartons would spread seasonal cheer on other shards.

Not only joy and silliness surround the cries of... BARTON!!!
(Although that is a large part of the aura of it all at times )
Hundreds of warriors would call out his name as they gathered in Castle British before rushing in masse to take on the Ophidian Invasion, or whatever threatened our lands at the time. And it seemed there was always a lone voice saying " Who is Barton? ", yet to be overtaken with the fever of the battle cry, but soon chanting as loud as the rest.

As shown on another thread the fever reached GM's, OSI reps, and Developers alike. ( Well at least they could be coaxed into giving the cry )

It became a link to us all. No matter what guild or affiliation. A bonding together of Atlantians. A ' One for All, and All for One! '. Together against a foe, or just off to raise some mischief due to utter boredom.

*sighs*
As I said it is very hard to explain. I hope I have done it some justice here.
I wasn't there when it all began, but have enjoyed the comradery at various events over the years.

So Barton doesn't have meaning for all Atlantians. But is something that is unique to Atlantic.

Be Safe

C

Cat Crimson

To me, the whole Barton thing represents this shard at its best, the moments when it stops taking itself so seriously and its various denizens concerned about the latest arties or glowy hairstyles or who owned who at pvp, leaves its dramas and egoes at the door, and just have fun. Which is after all the point of the game and those preceding it ie the original Richard Garriot Ultima game series. Its not excluding anyone who may not have been around to take part at the time - no one is stopping anyone from continuing the fun now, and we could certainly do with reviving the spirit of Barton-ness even if not the actual word.