• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's a "Motto" with you contes?: Final Phase

• Thread starter imported_Ishtar
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Ishtar

These are the finalists for the contest please post your vote, and the winner will be announced in two weeks!

Motto 1:
"Where it all began - Home of Barton the Conqueror."
-Lady Rachel-

Motto 2:
"I used to bullseye mongbats back home on Atlantic. They're no bigger than two meters."
-Nicodemus-

Motto 3:
"Atlantic : Barton's People"
-Stuffa-

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ishtar, what was the original motto?

Sorry but I dont really think any of these are something that you should use to characterize one of the largest shards in the game. I think we need to keep working on it.

You need to add "NONE" to the ballot so folks that want something else, or something better have the option so state their view. Perhaps even a "KEEP OLD MOTTO" and a "NONE, KEEP WORKING ON IT"

I'd also like to point out that at least one motto seems to have changed somewhere along the way... How can you change a motto after folks have already voted on it?

Safe Travels, Sam

I

imported_Ishtar

The old motto was "I'm sure the shard will be back up soon"

The contest was to change it not keep it.

The one morphed due to popular request.

Hope that answers all your questions.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we get a none option so that we can keep working for something better? I'm kinda disappointed that one of the options that I voted for "morphed due to popular request."

I found the whole two phase voting system rather confusing. Maybe if you had a hundred entries that would have made sense but there were just a handful to begin with. Then you modify one of the mottos for the phase 2 vote because some people wanted to?

IMO, any modified motto should have been submitted seperately and should go through the same voting process as every other motto.

I really liked "Where it all began.", but I'm not a Barton-phile so I've been left with nothing to vote for now. If Barton rates motto notoriety, then why not Goodman, or any other famous player from Atlantic's history?

And... not to put too fine a point on it... you basically took my vote for one motto and discarded it, or applied it to something else. I'm not sure which.

If you personally want to pick a motto for the shard, then do it. If you're going to take a democratic vote for a motto then do it right.

Safe Travels, Sam

CC: Jimmy Carter

I

imported_Ishtar

I'll talk to the other mods and we'll see what we can do.

G

I have to agree with the other, while i voted for the second one. I cant say any of them are favored. And theres two of them mentioning barton out of three? I fear this may be my fault for not voteing prior and only giving idead. I guess i should have stayed on this.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
*tosses in .02*

Maybe putting a "Keep the old motto" option and a "Where it all began" option with the above and staying at this final round would be fair. It would put Rachel having 2 of the final suggestions but both are good mottos honestly. I would hate to see all the work put in by Ishtar be wiped out by starting back from round one.

Status
Not open for further replies.