• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's a good mid range armor set?

InfinitePudding

Adventurer
Hi, I recently started playing UO again last month and I am loving every minute of it. The other day I bought myself a Mythic character token to join the fun of the new taming patch. My guildmate made me some good starting 100% LRC armor but it is really lacking in resists now that I actually have the skills to go and tame bigger things. I know I want all 70 resists and 100% LRC but what other properties should a mage have on their armor? I'm a Gargoyle and my template is Taming, Lore, Vet, Magery, Eval, and Med and I hope to get all of those to 120 some day. Right now the only power scroll I have eaten is a 110 taming scroll.

My friend is offering to help me put together a set, but they want me to make a list of what I want on it. And since I have been gone 10 years I don't know what really to look for. So if you all could point me to guides or even give me some tips that would be very helpful. Thank you. :)

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The Taming skills don't require anything, so it's really only the mage skills you're concerned with. Anything with INT or MR or LMC is good to go with your LRC.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Hi, I recently started playing UO again last month and I am loving every minute of it. The other day I bought myself a Mythic character token to join the fun of the new taming patch. My guildmate made me some good starting 100% LRC armor but it is really lacking in resists now that I actually have the skills to go and tame bigger things. I know I want all 70 resists and 100% LRC but what other properties should a mage have on their armor? I'm a Gargoyle and my template is Taming, Lore, Vet, Magery, Eval, and Med and I hope to get all of those to 120 some day. Right now the only power scroll I have eaten is a 110 taming scroll.

My friend is offering to help me put together a set, but they want me to make a list of what I want on it. And since I have been gone 10 years I don't know what really to look for. So if you all could point me to guides or even give me some tips that would be very helpful. Thank you. :)
All 70's resists, 100 lrc, 40 lower mana cost, 10+ mana regen, 45 defense chance increase, if you're using Mage Weapons (which you should be, if you're not defense chance increase is redundant) with a penalty you need to compensate for that on the suit, 2 faster casting, 6 faster casting recovery, ideally 25 strength increase, 25 hit point increase.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It looks like aside from the taming skills, you are basically going to be a mage. In addition to needing 100% LRC, 40 LMC, all 70 resists - you're going to want 150 intelligence, mana regeneration to be as high as possible (especially if using consume damage from level 3 taming mastery) , as much extra mana as possible. If you are a tamer, you shouldn't need a mage weapon, as you will be fighting behind your pet. I would rather go with a few good Scrappers of Compendium (with extra skill points or mana on them), or a slayer set of spell books. That much depends on your play style, ofcourse. Faster cat recovery 6 and Faster cast 2 will also go along way if you are casting offensive spells and healing frequently during your fights.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I suggest to get 85 phys res and use Protection.
Mage Weapon is good to have, especially a glave. It allows you to apply HLA and HLD.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A small template suggestion if you plan on using the taming mastery... swap out eval and pick up spellweaving. Eval is only super helpful if you plan to do a lot of offensive casting, which would eat up your mana for keeping the mastery up. Spellweaving can provide a lot of extra benefit through gift of renewal and still keep a little offense to help finish the fight quicker using WOD at the end when the pet needs less healing. Just food for thought.

InfinitePudding

Adventurer
A small template suggestion if you plan on using the taming mastery... swap out eval and pick up spellweaving. Eval is only super helpful if you plan to do a lot of offensive casting, which would eat up your mana for keeping the mastery up. Spellweaving can provide a lot of extra benefit through gift of renewal and still keep a little offense to help finish the fight quicker using WOD at the end when the pet needs less healing. Just food for thought.
Thanks Merus. I'll take that into consideration.

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Tapatalk

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I guess you'd want to swap them with soulstones. I agree with what you're saying for hunting; I don't use magery hardly at all, bujust casting heal/cure which I could easily substitute spellweaving.

If you're taming new pets, like I am right now, you need to be able to gate your pets back to the stables.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I agree with what you're saying for hunting; I don't use magery hardly at all, bujust casting heal/cure which I could easily substitute spellweaving.
My GD is not able to kill some bosses without my help. It just doesn't do enough damage. In such situation SW is pretty useless because it doesn't add damage... and Eval with a proper slayer book is very handy.

you need to be able to gate your pets back to the stables
Recall and re-log.