• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's a castle worth nowadays on shards?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know that on the low population shards you can still place some castles in Felucca and even Trammel.

What about the few more populated shards and Atlantic.

My castle fell August 2014. It was, for the longest time, the only castle in Yew, Trammel on Pacific shard. Placed in 2000. Looks like there's 4 or 5 on the Yew subserver now.

My old spot now sits a grow house full of raised garden beds with a stupid looking roof from corner to corner. The stone crafting really is pretty much useless in a castle isn't it?

So anyway, in these isolated spots, that aren't a trailer park for castles, what are they selling for?

Normal shard?
Atlantic shard?

Last edited:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I know that on the low population shards you can still place some castles in Felucca and even Trammel.

What about the few more populated shards and Atlantic.

My castle fell August 2014. It was, for the longest time, the only castle in Yew, Trammel on Pacific shard. Placed in 2000. Looks like there's 4 or 5 on the Yew subserver now.

My old spot now sits a grow house full of raised garden beds with a stupid looking roof from corner to corner. The stone crafting really is pretty much useless in a castle isn't it?

So anyway, in these isolated spots, that aren't a trailer park for castles, what's are the selling for?

Normal shard?
Atlantic shard?
It's very shard specific.
Atl- 5-15 Plat? Depending on spot
Higher population shards(compared to Atlantic) - 50m-500m
Most low population shards you can place so not much value unless location is amazing

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some shards... low populated, it seams all you see are castles and keeps in a neighborhood.

I know, on Atlantic, a keep sold for 4 billion a few months ago. Tram, go fig.

Like life, all the wrong people have money. :confused: hehe

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They're complety mad on Atlantis ;). To now put the blatant opposite on DF: Castle purchase price of placing tool + some sympathie bonus to the castle vendor :p

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some really amazing things can be done with stone crafting in castles and keeps. there a couple on Siege that are done really nicely.
Where at? I'll go take a look. So far all I've seen of castles is floor tiles in the courtyard which does nothing to make the castle more efficient and those ugly corner to corner upper floors balanced up four spikes which just looks ridiculous.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The front door of the inner building is private, but the back door in the north wall is accessible.

upload_2019-1-14_7-13-7.png

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, that's definitely the best castle modifications I've seen yet. I like the stairs up to the second level and also like that it's not a giant flat roof sitting on top of the castle.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Freja spent a lot of time (and resources) on her castle and made a really beautiful castle.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The new castles can be placed in locations old castes can't, because the new ones have foundations.

Just so you know, it opens up even more hoising space for them.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'd have to show me an example of this somewhere because in my massive amount of exploring for castle spots the last three weeks, I've noticed just the opposite.

You can still place an old castle with static objects in the courtyards. Objects like trees, lg shrubs and certain rocks and twigs. You cannot place a new castle in the same spot. Best area to see this in action is in the jungles and swamps but anywhere you can put a tree in the courtyard affects the new castle placement.

Last edited:

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
europa fel= 100m-200m
europa tram= 200-500m

average locations,

a castle close to yew gate fel could sell for 500m-1plat imop

a castle close to any tram gate should sell for that same amount

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ice island east of honesty i was avke to place a new castle where there are humps in the snow that would not allow the old castles

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ice island east of honesty i was avke to place a new castle where there are humps in the snow that would not allow the old castles

Ah, yes I have seen that. There are some minor bumps or dips in the ground which affect classic house placement but not so much the custom houses.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Castles on GLs can go upwards of 800M or so...

Jelinidas

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would love a castle on Catskills, just cant find any for sale.
If any knows of any, please let me know!

icq 745259828

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I sold one on Siege for about 50 million not too long ago.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If its on atl, buy and re sell it for 10 plat
On Pacific. There's just no freaking way a castle in the Arctic Island Trailer Park is worth 5 billion gold.

A couple things I've noticed that are really really frustrating is how many spots there are where a castle is prevented from placing by like one tree or 1 or 2 tiles width. I found at least 5 or 6 examples of one tree blocking placement of a castle. This is in TRAM/FEL so multiply that by two.

Another thing is how many players own multiple castles. Deducing thru the name or owner names or whatever, I've found quite a few where it's clear one player owns two castles. I've found at least three examples where one player owns 4 to 6 castles. EDIT: Nothing wrong with owning more than one castle. On a shard with a fair population, 5 billion gold for a castle, kind of the endgame for housing, is quite a turn-off to new players and casual players.

I never really thought it was a great idea before, but maybe it's finally time to allow placement of keeps and castles in Malas?

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On Pacific. There's just no freaking way a castle in the Arctic Island Trailer Park is worth 5 billion gold.

A couple things I've noticed that are really really frustrating is how many spots there are where a castle is prevented from placing by like one tree or 1 or 2 tiles width. I found at least 5 or 6 examples of one tree blocking placement of a castle. This is in TRAM/FEL so multiply that by two.

Another thing is how many players own multiple castles. Deducing thru the name or owner names or whatever, I've found quite a few where it's clear one player owns two castles. I've found at least three examples where one player owns 4 to 6 castles.

I never really thought it was a great idea before, but maybe it's finally time to allow placement of keeps and castles in Malas?
Do you know what the odds would be to find an account that has grandfathered Castles and I hope you understand that a player can use the same name on more than one account. So under your whatever that every house out there that the owner in named George is all one account, priceless. I have 3 active accounts and guess what I own 3 Castles and I have every right to do so, so get over yourself.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you know what the odds would be to find an account that has grandfathered Castles and I hope you understand that a player can use the same name on more than one account. So under your whatever that every house out there that the owner in named George is all one account, priceless. I have 3 active accounts and guess what I own 3 Castles and I have every right to do so, so get over yourself.
I didn't mean to imply there was anything WRONG with anyone owning more than one castle or ten castles. I'm well aware of how UO's housing rules work and it's not difficult to tell the same person owns castles decorated and themed and named the same.

Maybe you should calm the down. The gist of my post was about opening up all the wide open space of Malas to keeps and castles.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Sry for my castle ignorance : How do you place a castle? The house placement tool? Does the tool have an option for castle?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes it does, in the classic style. At the end is keep and castles as well as the new designs.

New designs are expensive tho.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they would just make the 18x18 storage max out at the same as castle storage this all would be a moot point. You can get 18x18's all over. Castles are ugly and still limiting vs a fully customizable house. Huge waste of land space IMHO.