• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whatever Happened To...

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever happened to the feature many many years ago that when logging out on your own boat was considered the same as logging out in a house or inn? You logged out immediately with no timer. I remember this from more than a decade ago.

Was it removed due to some bug/exploit or just removed for unknown reasons?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is a new one on me!

Could have been a bug or exploit of some kind. It always seams the second a weakness is exposed... the criminals find it.

Never know what happens on the ships at sea.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've been playing for 16 years, and don't remember that ever being true.

It's possible, since ships are effectively moving houses in how they are coded, that there was a bug in the earliest days of ships and housing that treated boats like houses, that got fixed LBR or earlier - but it was definitely not present in AoS.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Far as I know that has NEVER been a thing. That would be OP... seriously.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
20+ years and this is a new one on me and I have always used ships for one reason or another. Could the camping skill been used in some way to instalog out at sea.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you start a campfire on a ship? Toss out a bedroll and you can log off. Follow the prompts.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure, never used the skill even when it was just Fel.