• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whatd they do to mining?

• Thread starter JRedbeard
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

JRedbeard

Howdy yall,

Downloading the KR client right now, going to try my hand at the mining game again as WoW is boring me right now...

From poking around in this forum a bit it seems like theyve reduced the amount of colored ore spots, or whats the deal?

Can someone tell me exactly what happened?

Thanks!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, last summer they actually implemented something that was supposed to have gone in long before AOS - spots sometimes randomly changing type if mined to the point of no ore left.

Unfortunately, they made it a little too likely for part-time miners.

On the other end, mining only a few ore, then leaving until the vein reloads, doesn't seem to change the vein. I know of one miner on LA that, by only mining valorite 5-6 times, then mining the other veins dry every pass, claims to have turned an entire multi-screen cliff face into valorite.

J

JRedbeard

Thats interesting.I bet he/she'd be pissed to come along and see some nub miner depleting the whole face and resetting the ore hahaha.

J

JRedbeard

Ive been reading about these blackrock elementals and have gotten a few of the smaller bits before.

Do you have to worry about blackrock elementals spawning any time you mine or only using a garg pick or what?

Thanks for the info.

G

I don't think it matter if you mine it dry or not, it will stay same color a while, then changes. Right now, I get alot of bronze and gold spot. If noone do mine it, it won't changes.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One of our guildmates did it to him the night I posted that - we're the only guild nuts enough to mine in Ilshenar with gargoyle picks, after all....