• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What would your explanation be???

• Thread starter Amathist of PoC
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amathist of PoC

I just do not know how or what has gone on but here is what happened.

3 guild mates playing in a house with a golem and 3 die because they forget the STOP command (was kinda funny). 4th guild members comes into house and then leaves does not say anything. 3 guild members res and go to collect belongings to have one of them find body completely empty blessed items and all.

4th guild member says items are outside house in a bag - bag is not under house sign it is more on the grass in front of the house. Items in the bag are blessed and insured.

This all happened in a fel house if that helps at all has anyone had something similar happen?

C

Coppelia

No, impossible. There were only 3 shots on JFK. The rest is lies.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So all three people had order rights on the golem?

Why would people be looking for their blessed items on their corpse? They should've appeared in their pack as soon as they got ressed.

Did person 4 mess with the bag at all (other then obviously looking inside it)? What sort of bag are we talking about?

A

Amathist of PoC

No they did not look for the blessed item on there corpse they simply clicked them to redress to find no items on them or in there pack.......I am not sure of the bag type but the 4th person said they found it out the front of the house on the grass - not under the house sign as items usually are that are expelled from a house. And when the owner of the items got the bag back I believe they asked if there rings were in it and then the 4th person handed them over as well.

Basically after talking the matter over with high council and some other things not adding up about this player like - supposed 3week old account with fully trained characters and a whole truck load of arties. The supposedly going to his first idoc and coming back with all the good items then this incident with the items going missing from a corpse. Also I heard he supposedly gmed a tinker or some said character in like less then 3 days........it was just decided that for the safety of our guild and allies that this member would be removed.

Perhaps a harsh response but I believe the right one for the whole guild. Thanks to all those who PMED me with there thoughts on the matter you pretty much confirmed what I was feeling and thinking.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The 4th person can't have anything to do with blessed and insured items dropping on ground unless some hacking was going on and this 3 players was unattended and their connection disconnected when they came back.
Did the 4th person have their logins and they agreed to let him train their chars.
Something smell fishy here

K

Katlene

course it smells fishy they are pirates!

*grins*

All jokes aside it sounds extreamly suss to me ammy. i think you did the right thing in removing this person from the guild

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So people were fighting golems and died, the insurance bug hit, and another less than scrupulous member loots the corpse and puts it all in a bag outside of the house? I'd commend him for leaving the stuff nearby, then boot him from the guild for looting in the first place.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who got booted, exactly? The person who somehow "lost" their "blessed" gear, or the person who "found" it?

Sounds suss from all angles to me. Three people in a house? Uncommon. Playing with a golem? Extremelly uncommon. All getting KILLED by a golem? Uh...

And then you've got the question of what person 4 was doing there in the first place. Was he called to come res them or something? You'd expect so, but if a healer was called for, why was he the only one who turned up? Why did the ghosts have to go elsewhere for a res?

The list goes on.

But I know that if I saw a body with no ghost nearby, and there were items of value on it, there's no way I'd leave them there to despawn. Mind you, there's no way I'd leave the bag, either. At least if the stuff is in my pack then I know the real owner has some chance of retrieving it.

And if I wanted to steal the items, and somehow knew before hand that I'd be able to, then a quick casting of Incognito would be in order.

You've got me intrigued Amathist. More details would be appreciated, if only out of interest.

Yeah, I'm sceptical of the "insurance bug" (if only because it's never hit me nor anyone in my sight).

C

Connor_Graham

3 guild mates playing in a house with a golem and 3 die because they forget the STOP command
Uh, how did all 3 of them die to one golem? Golems don't hit that hard, so unless they were unattended I don't see how all 3 could have been killed by one.

B

Blade_Thugluv

i claim BS! to much doesnt add up. and i have been hit with the insurance bug and the only blessed items i lost was a Crimson. I didnt lose any runebooks or other blessed items yet you claim they lost everything and their packs were empty. I have never seen anyone or heard of anyone losing a runebook apon death.

i think your guildies are lieing to you... and yes either your in a nooblet guild that doesnt know how to play the game or your guildies where afk macroing cuz a golem wouldnt kill all 3 of them unless they were afk or just really didnt know how to play the game (cross healing and such).

The only thing close to this i have heard of was on a asian shard where a person was afk beating on a golem and the gm insta killed him and made his corpse lootable by all in luna. yet in that case there still was no blessed items.

~Blade

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh, how did all 3 of them die to one golem? Golems don't hit that hard, so unless they were unattended I don't see how all 3 could have been killed by one.
I got killed by my golem once ... the character was brand new and I did not command it all stop. It was really kinda funny, in a pathetic way ... me running down the road in Luna trying to get away until it whacked me again and down I went! :blushing:

It is possible that the death/insurance bug hit the guy just as the house was attempting to expel him. One thing I have noticed about golem-training in Fel is that it flags you (even if the stupid thing is green - as in, flagging bug) and if you lose conn or anything, it expels you from the house. So the dropping of all items and the bag being expelled I supposed is *possible* if all the moons lined up just wrong.

A

Amathist of PoC

I actually had the numbers wrong it was 2 playing with the golem and yeah fairly newish and one in particular if starts talking forgets all else *smiles* but she is totally lovely. But first two where just playing with the golem as they had not done so before...both died. 3rd player came into house on two accounts so there were 4 people but 2 of them were actually the same person - 3rd player stood near bodies 4th player who is same as 3rd resed others and then just left the house with both accounts without saying a word.

1st and 2nd player went to get dressed and 1st players items where missing including all insured and blessed items, everything. 3rd & 4th player (which is same person) did not respond for quite some time when asked if he knew what had happened then eventually came back to house and said he found the back pack out the front on the grass - no where near house sign.

1st player asked if her rings and such where there also he said oh yeah and handed those back too. Basically great he ressed them not great he seems to have looted them and some how not just looted what anyone else could take but has looted blessed and insured items some how.

add to this the 4th person has said he has only played for 3weeks and he has fully skilled and fully artied out characters, idoced for supposedly the first time and came up with all the really good items, trained another new character to gm in 3 days and now this and it just seems a little too suss for me.

so for protection of the guild he was removed.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrrr, methinks it be soundin' like the "insurance bug" could actually be some way of accessin' the "ghost backpack" what me done heard mentioned afore!

C

Connor_Graham

I'm not sure which I have more of a problem with.

Brand new players already beating on Golems instead of learning how to actually PLAY the game.

Or

Brand new players already walking around with blessed items, indicating large sums of gold to purchase not only the CBD's, but items worth blessing to begin with.

It's a sad state of affairs we find ourselves in.....

A

Amathist of PoC

Brand new players already beating on Golems instead of learning how to actually PLAY the game.

Or

Brand new players already walking around with blessed items, indicating large sums of gold to purchase not only the CBD's, but items worth blessing to begin with.

Well they are not new players as such - they are just newbish when it comes to some things. And they were not beating on the golem to train or anything it was pure curiosity as it was something they had not done before and saw some people doing it in luna. I think the biggest buzz for them was working out how to make the golem in the first place.

my guild is a great mix of some young and some old players and some inbetween. All skill types all character types. so experimenting is an often occurance. And while they may have been aided with armour it is unlikely they where handed blessed or artifacts they would have earnt those themselves.

However the member we disbanned we believe very well scripted to get where he is and what he has so not a suitable guild member.

any way thank you all for your input the issue is delt with now but I thank you for your time. Again thanks for the pms.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Or

Couldn't agree more.

F

Fink

Hmm, not sure offhand (I rarely die & when I do I usually self-res) but isn't it the case that blessed items don't equip automatically? I think you have to put them in a UO:Assist or UO:KR dress macro to make them auto-equip, not just click on the corpse. Insured items do auto-equip when you click the corpse but blessed I don't think so.

I'd be highly suspicious of the three guildmates wailing on a golem in Felucca more so than the looter.. in Pirates of Cove's guild charter it says to stay out of Felucca and specifically Buc's Den, yeah? I'd wonder why three PoC were hitting a golem in a house in Fel. Not accusing anyone of anything but the circumstantial evidence seems a bit suspect, and the story of losing blessed/insured items doesn't seem to add up.

Anyhow, there was a time when you looted a friend's (or stranger's, or even victim's) corpse so nobody else took their stuff, then you returned the items to them and you were thanked for it. Must've died out when autolooting was introduced I guess.

S

Starla

I find it strange that the insurance bug strikes 2 players simultaneously. The 3rd account came with the intent to loot but yet returned everything nicely in a bag out in the open in fel.

Perhaps it is a different mechanism that caused all their belongings to drop into a pack outside the house after been expelled. Much like when you release a pet and if it is carrying some loot, a bag will drop onto the floor. But the pack will not be lootable other than the players...

The whole story sounds very strange... hehe (Xfiles music starts playing in the background)

A

Amathist of PoC

Hmm, not sure offhand (I rarely die & when I do I usually self-res) but isn't it the case that blessed items don't equip automatically? I think you have to put them in a UO:Assist or UO:KR dress macro to make them auto-equip, not just click on the corpse. Insured items do auto-equip when you click the corpse but blessed I don't think so.

I'd be highly suspicious of the three guildmates wailing on a golem in Felucca more so than the looter.. in Pirates of Cove's guild charter it says to stay out of Felucca and specifically Buc's Den, yeah? I'd wonder why three PoC were hitting a golem in a house in Fel. Not accusing anyone of anything but the circumstantial evidence seems a bit suspect, and the story of losing blessed/insured items doesn't seem to add up.

Anyhow, there was a time when you looted a friend's (or stranger's, or even victim's) corpse so nobody else took their stuff, then you returned the items to them and you were thanked for it. Must've died out when autolooting was introduced I guess.

incorrect our guild charter says nothing of felucca or bucks den I do not even know where you got that from cause its pure fiction. We have guild members from every facet and we embrace all play styles the only rules are

1) Nay Pillaging or Turning on thou own kind - DO NOT kill or loot any guild or alliance member unless permission is given by the target - NO EXCEPTIONS.

2) Embrace The Pirate Life - Display guild title at all times - be proud of your guild as it is something to be proud of.

3) Messages in a Bottle and a Parrot is a must - Guild Applicants must register for the PoC forums and have ICQ. This helps you keep in contact with the guild and updated on our events.

4) Obey The Pirate Code - You Must act with honor and respect at all times, you are a representation of the guild as a whole. We also have guild members of varying age so we ask you keep things PG so no one can be offended.

5) YO HO YO HO The Pirates Life For Me - Have fun, enjoy your guild and all aspects of our shard.

Anyone found breaking these rules will be dealt with in a pirate manner and soon shown the plank.

If the person had of been looting in a helpful manner for example they where in a dungeon and her insure had run out so he ran all the way back in to get the goods for her and then handed them over - no biggy at all and he would have been thanked.

however 2 people where playing in a house together working out these golem creatures....and got themselves killed, how I have no clue but that is what happened. Do I suspect these two of wrong doing not in the slightest because I know them and they have been long standing members of the guild.

The person who came in resed and looted the bodies, I do not trust so easy they where a new guild member, they had already shown a greedy nature by asking for things all the time, they were suspect with there fully kitted out and trained characters on a 3 week old account and his version of where the bag landed and then handing back the rings as an after thought is far more suspect to him having done something wrong to it all just being a happy little incident.

I honestly believe that if he had not have been questioned over the items he would have kept them.

I appreciate everyone's input but as I said the matter has been dealt with and if moderators wish they may lock the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.