• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what would you pay for a hitching post

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have supplies ready to make quite a few of these but have seen them on vendors for 10-15 mil. Is this what people are willing to pay for these? I think it seems pretty high. Dont get mewrong I am all for making my first million or so but just dont want to over charge.

Oh if this is the wrong forum for this I am sorry.

R

rajadeah

10 to 15 mill is high IMO, but being they are new and the items required to make them can be hard and time consuming to obtain, you probably can get that but they will be very slow movers at that price.

I'm guessing they should level off around half that.

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am hardly wise in the ways of merchants but one thing to consider is that hitching posts will be available without the need for recharging whenever the 11th anniversary rewards are released. I know they have said they will charge for them but this may be reconsidered once SA gets closer to a reality.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you may want to charge less to strike while the iron is hot as they say....

L

laurlo

10 to 15 mil?

*shakes head* wow.. no.. I would not pay that. no where near that... craziness

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I am hardly wise in the ways of merchants but one thing to consider is that hitching posts will be available without the need for recharging whenever the 11th anniversary rewards are released. I know they have said they will charge for them but this may be reconsidered once SA gets closer to a reality.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you may want to charge less to strike while the iron is hot as they say....
The 11th anny ones need to be recharged also.
To answer the OP I'd pay 2M for a fully charged one.

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Flutter. The hitching posty can be sold by osi and i think that it'll have a low cost.
The recipes to recharge it are a little difficult to find and i think that a few of people continue to buy it by the official site without take all the items needed. If i'll do it, i'll pay for this item 1 or 1,5 millions maximum
Bye!!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think once the 'newness' of them wears off I'm sure prices will drop drastically. But the saying is strike while the irons hot.

You could always try my old favorite selling tactic. Find the lowest priced vendor selling them you can, then sell yours for a decent amount less than the cheapest ones you can find. If it were me, I'd price mine somewhere around 6-8. Of course you do have to factor in your time and effort gathering the supplies to make it. Would 8 cover your work? If so, sell low and beat the others by moving more posts at a lower price. You'll make more in the long run that way I think.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, based on the thread I am going to try to sell the post and the items to recharge twice for 3million. This would make it easier for the buyer to not have to look later to get the hitching rope later to recharge. If more feedback comes in wanting a lower price I will try to do what I can.

The ropes are the hardest item to get right now, for me anyway.

Thanks for the feedback

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*laughs* and to think, ive been giving away the items needed to craft one. Ah well...*goes back to give some more ingreds away*

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What does a hitching post do?
It works like having a stable in your house. You lock the post down and you can use it to do all the same things as a stable in town. The problem is the Post uses charges and starts off with 15 charges and can only be recharged twice. Otherwise it would of been great for RPing guilds when they hold events.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It works like having a stable in your house. You lock the post down and you can use it to do all the same things as a stable in town. The problem is the Post uses charges and starts off with 15 charges and can only be recharged twice. Otherwise it would of been great for RPing guilds when they hold events.
Hmm... That is... lame. It is a pain in the arse to get all the ingredients for both post and rope. This renders the item pretty useless. I was hoping a hitching post would have unlimited charges. But well... EA probably wants to sell those for real money.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only have one question regarding that...after all the charges are burnt up. Can you use the post for decor? Like a used up soulstone fragment? Or does the post disappear? :please:

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup, ould have been great for RP towns, and had it been given to us as an anniversary item, or had the really made it a craftable reccharged with powders or whatever it would have been something I would want. But anyone that spends that sort of gold for an item that can be used so little is simply feeding into the greed that UO has become.

I will keep my stable that I can build under my own home and leave the horse in Skara.

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I"m still hoping that I can get the hitching posts to work well for pet fight tournaments in the future. Getting ropes and pheremone will be some good training.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
But can you set a post to public use?

You can set the security on it just like any "container" in your house so I'm guessing if your house is public and you set it to anyone, the answer would be yes. :)

Bob_the_fart_guy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my...I can already see some kind sole setting one to public use, and someone burning up the charges. :(

I still wanna know if a "worn out" one breaks, or can be set for deco.