• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What would you most like to see added or modified in the game next? (pick your top 3)

What would you most like to see added or modified in the game? (pick your top 3)

• Total voters

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Other than New Legacy stuff, what would you like to see happen next?

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would like to see some kind of revamp of how weapons work. This could simply be a visual revamp in that you could apply the specials, advantages, and disadvantages of one kind of weapon to the graphic another. It feels confining that a lot of the builds seem to collapse around two or three frequently used weapons.

A straight rebalance of all magic and fighting skills would also be welcome but I don't think that's coming to prodo shards anytime soon.

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Honestly with the time they probably are spending on this new shard there's probably time for all of the above (in small quantities) plus bug fixes. Hell there's probably time to figure out some crazy new PvP system that incorporates VvV, Factions, and Order/Chaos Guards into one unholy mix, one that has rewards that mirror what we can get in the Trammel rules facets (just more rarely) and ALSO throw in a new system for the Trammel rules facets to get stuff that's currently exclusive to Felucca (just more rarely).

Isn't that an idea, eh? Everything obtainable from both rules sets and yet also retaining the distincitiveness of both sides by controlling the numbers. Also bug fixes.

This whole new shard thingie has really raised the bar for me in terms of what we should expect.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
1) Bug fixes
B) Bug fixes
3) Bug fixes

Oh, and if there's any time left over, Bug fixes.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Bug fixes for sure.
See above.

Honestly with the time they probably are spending on this new shard there's probably time for all of the above (in small quantities) plus bug fixes. Hell there's probably time to figure out some crazy new PvP system that incorporates VvV, Factions, and Order/Chaos Guards into one unholy mix, one that has rewards that mirror what we can get in the Trammel rules facets (just more rarely) and ALSO throw in a new system for the Trammel rules facets to get stuff that's currently exclusive to Felucca (just more rarely).

Isn't that an idea, eh? Everything obtainable from both rules sets and yet also retaining the distinctiveness of both sides by controlling the numbers. Also bug fixes.

This whole new shard thingie has really raised the bar for me in terms of what we should expect.
You realize every time a request is made, the response generally has some sort of disclaimer along the lines of "we're busy with New Legacy...", right? The 2 man dev team does not have time to fix bugs. If they don't try to force players to NL shards, I'll be shocked. I mentioned it in my guild discord the other day, but I fully expect a End of UO announcement if NL fails. If you want to keep playing UO, play NL when it comes out boys and girls.

And for my own input, fix the idiocy of two clients, figure out somehow to better combat rampant scripting, and bug fixes.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
EM Event items purchasable in the UO Store

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like to see:
A new playable race
Revised Champ Spawns - Particularly The Harrow as the current loot stinks and Tram champs drop Power scrolls but make em shard bound
New monsters would be welcome like a Chimera, Hippogriff, Gryphon, The Red Bull ( maybe as a boss Monster), Cerberus, Pirate King or Ghost Pirates, Sirens, Furies, mermaids, and I don't know what else
Lots of untapped mythology I'm sure.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bug fixes.
One client - EC with an option to use CC graphics.
Loot update - bring back the old legendaries with lots of mods, they're already in game but only for the super rich.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
would be nice if they made some of the pets that should be ride-able..... ride-able!

like tigers and lions and frost mites, those necro goats as well.

i know they said they would look into that.... but here we still are asking for it.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I’d like to see the updated Approved Third Party Programs list we were told over 2 years ago is “coming soon!” :wall:
Agree however I think the following would be accurate:

Player: Any progress on the approved third party progs we were promised 2+ years ago?

M: Anything that helps you win is okay to use.

Then your emoji would certainly be required (also a facepalm).

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Bug fixes and graphical glitches, more work on the EC. Trammel Despise restored. Haven restored. Magincia restored. More quests added like the old ones, Hag Quest, Solen quests etc. Oh heck just make the whole game pre-AoS and be done with it! :p

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agree however I think the following would be accurate:

Player: Any progress on the approved third party progs we were promised 2+ years ago?

M: Anything that helps you win is okay to use.
I believe your paraphrased “M:” quote was said long b4 it was announced an “Updated Approved” list was soon to come. Point taken tho. :)

Sidenote: I find it funny that if u google “ultima online pvp hacks” the 1st thing that comes up, top of the list, is my rant from 2yrs ago. :lol:

Last edited:

Deschet

Journeyman
Revised housing system. Specifically, allowable housing footprint per account that can be spread across shards if desired. 1 house per shard limit.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. being able to pay more monthly to place a second house on my account.
2. take the lost lands t2a setup simple not EM runned invasions where anyone is able to do on their own with out the help of others. orcs vs jukas, savages vs meerkats etc
3.don't one

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only 3 huh...

1) Prevent logins with any unapproved clients/programs. (if programs are detectable as they say, this would be possible)

2) Remove casting focus procs from player-damage sources. - effectively making casting focus a pvm oriented property, increase the intensity from 1-3% (4*) to 5-20% and increase the cap on casting focus to 100%, to help bridge the gap between warriors & casters in pvm damage output.
*4% casting focus is only on one item currently.

3) Revamp the rest of Doom & other content's less usable & unused reward items.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, sadly it's too late for me...

What I'd like to see... New tamables, a Griffin for sure, I'd like to see a Sea Champ... not the silly stuff we have now... but a champ spawn you have to do in a boat..., sharks in the sea, Mermaids, mermen, the ability to "swim"... a look at the bottom of the sea... the sea horse finally added to the game... an Elephant that works like a boat on land... you can give your friends a ride ... ride it into a champ spawn ... all fight from it... Camels... pack camels...

Housepets... that greet you when you come home... can be cats, bats, dogs, spiders, monkeys, birds, some undead something... etc... let it live in your house and when you are there it is roaming about the house but when no one is in the house it is in its little house... or something.

I still would like a broom and a mop and bucket... It might be fun to have a broom you can mount... a magic carpet... hot air balloon

I'd like to see the EC Hiryu get a makeover as it's a sad-looking thing in the EC...

I'd like to see them fix up and clean up the towns and cities... Get rid of the carpenters in Nujel'm, fix the carpet moth problem and duplicate chairs in Trinsic, (unblock the area in the inn on the 3 shards that have this blocked up with trash and broken furniture), and from what I've seen so far fix the double ovens on Skara Mainland... I'm sure as I continue my survey of all the lands I'll find more issues... but those are the ones I've found so far... give the towns a facelift... give them some new gardens... give them some unique beautification... something ... and by unique I mean to each shard... and each town... I've seen some really amazing stuff in my survey so far... but I don't want to show or mention any of it for fear that someone will get the bright idea that it needs to be ripped out and tore down... which IMO is not the way to go... The things that block area's yes ... need to go... but the rest no.

Add basements that you can buy for extra $... they can do that in a few ways... something you can buy in the store... (these can be added to the dungeon area's in some block formation)... where you get a plot that you can work with that has walls already or you can use a menu to build on... 1 level only .... castle or keep size plots and you get a teleporter to put down on your plot to like it to your house... There is plenty of space to add such things. They could have a limited amount of them per shard on a first come first serve basis... and those will "fall" with the house and be returned to just a plot... the items from this would either just poof or go to the barrels in the plot itself... but it would add the storage of an 18x18... or something... to your house... and they can have you buy it in the store as a one-time fee or add it to the Origin store as an "addon" expansion which would add a $ amount per month to your account... whichever way they decide to do that. Either way, I'm sure that people would buy it. The only thing I see that could be a "downside" to this is it might cost subs but I really doubt it... I'm fairly sure if it was done right people would just get them in addition to the subs they have. These are the ones who like myself aren't going to add another sub but have already filled everything they own to the point where they have to constantly trim things to play UO anymore... I personally have just given up on playing as there isn't any more room to add more stuff so instead of getting another account or anything I've chosen to just quit playing altogether and am preparing to quit entirely as well it's no fun to not do anything in the game anymore since I have no way to put more things in my homes and don't want to clear them out... so stuck with either throw or quit... I'm choosing quit. And I hate to say to Kyronix but... people like me who love and enjoy our stuff... have ZERO interest in a shard that you wipe.... we enjoy collecting stuff and when we can't anymore well we don't want it wiped... that's for sure... anyway... Basements would be a nice addition... but too late for me now.

I'd like to see more bugs fixed with the EC... I'd like it if they could add the sprite art from the CC to the EC so everyone can play one client... chose to look at the game how you want in the old classic view or the enhanced... whichever. But get one client...

actual customer support... real support...

A revamp of the account Mismanagement system... one that is more secure and easier to use...

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I want a clicky at Luna that when used gives the player anything they want but then permanently removes their ability to talk in game or on any game related forums or chat system. Impossible, maybe, but it's a fair trade off.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I want a clicky at Luna that when used gives the player anything they want but then permanently removes their ability to talk in game or on any game related forums or chat system. Impossible, maybe, but it's a fair trade off.
Please tell me you'd use it! PUH-leeze? ;)