• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What would you have done????????

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, here is a rather funny, stressful,relationship tester, and well real life tester, my question, what would you do in this situation????????

Here goes

I am organising my ToT minors, pigments,majors and spares etc, the Shadowlord is spawning in about 20 mins so need to be quick, ok, i am copying Bobars idea of opening heirloom chests and using them as storage. i pile 3 on top of each other and have to move 2 gift boxes out of the way, i will relocate and lock down later..................................

ok, all done and sorted with the new storage,all tidy, 8 set of new pigments all spares ready for trades.. and off i go to take on the SL, afterwards i bring back some ToT minors put them in the chests, check they are locked down correctly, and them go to the cinema with the girlfirend:)keeps her happy:) i have been back to UO after i read about ToT3 after a year and a half away, so she is kinda getting fed up with it already..

ok, so we get tickets to see Moon, the lights dim and the adverts start, and suddenly, THE GIFT BOXES pop into my head, the unsecured gift boxes!!!!!!!! so what you ask???

well, inside they have, a val hammer and redeemer given to me by Bobar a few years ago and about 80 pieces of blackrock he gave me yesterday!!!!!!!, the other gift box has the only gauntlet arti Shamu, my dear friend, has EVER got,a jackals collar and she gave it to me,with a book, with a lovely personal message in before she left, maybe for good to play WoW.............

in other words, irreplaceable gifts!!!!!!!!!!!

so, WHAT DO I DO???????????

i will answer after i have had a few replies from you good people....................with your answers as to what you would do...

N

Nyte Doombringer

I would have prolly ran home and fixed it or called someone I could trust to log into my acct and fix it for me if possable.

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would first have tried to call someone who could log in to fix it. If that didn´t work I would´ve run home. Might be it´s just pixels, but that´s pixels with emotional value...

C

cheerful

'just popping out to get you some popcorn love, back in a sec'

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From Scarlet on icq

Priscilla ACG (13:45) :
i would have ensured my stuff was all locked down before leaving

odd though, not one person has said ANYTHING about my poor girlfriend????? all thinking of PIXELS and i not her...... there are FEMALE replies.................

interesting so far

T

TerryFyde

I have given your little dilemma a good coat of thinking about, and after rejecting the obvious solutions such as "phoning a friend", making an excuse and legging it home etc., i have decided that your only sensible course would have been to give your girlfriend your password and TELL her to sort out your lockdown problem.

Whilst my solution may seem a little strange to lesser mortals it has the added advantages that not only could you watch the film without distraction, but it would also get your girfriend interested in UO and then you could spend more time playing yourself.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's easy - A man has to do what a man has to do. Then run for cover of course.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have given your little dilemma a good coat of thinking about, and after rejecting the obvious solutions such as "phoning a friend", making an excuse and legging it home etc., i have decided that your only sensible course would have been to give your girlfriend your password and TELL her to sort out your lockdown problem.

Whilst my solution may seem a little strange to lesser mortals it has the added advantages that not only could you watch the film without distraction, but it would also get your girfriend interested in UO and then you could spend more time playing yourself.

lol nice

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Easy choice for me - Leg right back home double time -
Or she woulda killed me for losing that stuff.

Man she was in the mood allright when I last forgot to check up on this and lost her stuff...

Its like in RL all mine is hers and all of hers is well.... hers ;D

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the unsecured box had been a pile of ToTs the answer would be easy. Even a pile of dye. Stay and watch the movie with your girlfriend. However, these are items with sentimental value and that makes it a tad trickier.

It all depends on your girlfriend, what kind of person she is. Would she understand that even virtual items can carry some value as gifts the same way gifts given to you in RL would? That they CAN actually symbolize something - a friendship, memories very much the same way a RL item can?

How far away from home were you? Could you get back in time to see some of the movie? Are you two alright? I mean - having a good relationship? All these things would have been important in the final decision I think.

And then the final question - how important were these items to you?

I would have considered going back I think only if those items were of real value to me. And explained it using RL examples. In that scenario I would have hurried back and watched the rest of the movie, and treated him a fine dinner afterwards.

If they were not of similar sentimental value as a gift from a RL friend, I would have sighed at the loss and enjoyed the film.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok just to add to this, we are going back to the cinema tonight, and she STILL has a face like a slapped arse:)

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So long as she doesn't have a face like a slapped arse when she's in a good mood?

V

VanQa

I'd call someone that plays uo as well (exchanged phonenumbers with a few people) and ask him/her to lock the unsecured box ?