• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What would you chose??

G

Ok everyone must have seen my number of posts, trying to save TSO.
But I have been reading, both here on stratics, and searching the web. Because I wonder why Luc left, and why did Co-founder of EA leave? Its very interesting.
A interesting find "forsure01" found, and posted in another tread:
"OMG I think I may have the answer to where Luc is going.

The EA vet, who had been with the company for 26 years, will be joining the Kleiner Perkins in June , providing expertise to entrepreneurs in consumer technologies.
Under Welcome to Vivaty "Today is the first time we’ve shared our story publicly and it feels great. We were fortunate enough to pique the interest of Brad Stone at the New York Times and he wrote about us in today’s paper. We’re also very grateful to have investors like Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB) and Mohr Davidow Ventures (MDV) who believe strongly in what we’re up to. "

Also this is found: HERE which said: I'll be catching up with Keith McCurdy, who is the Co-Founder, President, and CEO of Vivaty as well as being a former VP from EA, later this week. Stay tuned for more info.

So my Question is:
Lets say Luc and Bing is working on a new game together, and they gave out a new game. Lets also say that The sims 3 was gonna be online.
What game would you chose to play??

S

Shyanne1

I don't know why people want to know what other people would do if/or/and something that is totally speculative were to be. How would we know what to choose? You just said "a new game" or "the sims3 online". That would depend on what the new game was. I also highly doubt that the sims3 is going to be online because they've said it a million times that it won't.

G

well I saif IF, a big if in there..
The real questions is, and im sure many got it is if they would trust EA again? Or follow Luc and try out his new ideas..

W

Whitilicious 07'

Speculation on anything leads to tons of rumors . And Does anyone even know if Luc is leaving EA has that been posted ?

G

Yes it was posted. Google his name and bring up the wiki on him.

G

I am fine with EA. Luc is the one that screwed us. Amazing how he found a really nice job.... Think it was his first application after leaving EA? I dont! He had this already planned, while leading us, and his team to demise.

Only Parizad would be able to tell us the real story.

G

You are SO mistaken.

This is not Luc's fault at all. I think he left because he was done being pushed around by EA telling him what to do. And thats why he decided to leave, I dont know, but thats what I think. I know Luc worked all he could for our game, and tried putting it to live again. Luc is one amazing man, and incredebly talented!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am fine with EA. Luc is the one that screwed us. Amazing how he found a really nice job.... Think it was his first application after leaving EA? I dont! He had this already planned, while leading us, and his team to demise.

Only Parizad would be able to tell us the real story.

[/ QUOTE ]
'
Wont you feel bad when he pulls a rabbit out of his hat and lookie sims vacation online shows up on the map.... then you can say all the bad things about him you want right... hope you will be eatin your exact words... luc was stopped right in the middle of something trial and error... he was not allowed to finish what he started! EA pulled the plug on him in midstream

G

Sims vacation online? That company makes webpages. Like facebook...

He had this job planned for months, you dont just walk into something like that.

I would choose the EA offering before I get scammed by luc again.

T

TKSpeedy1

It would depend on what Luc's new game would be and if I could play Sims 3 on this crappy computer.

I

imported_Starrfoxx

Where in the world are you getting "Sims Vacation Online" from? Even if that were true, I don't think he'd be able to use the "sims" name after leaving EA.

I do believe that EA was pushing him around and forcing him to do things with the game that he didn't want to do.

What I frown on is that he said nothing, except for a formal "goodbye". Perhaps he was not allowed to say anything? Still, I don't understand why he couldn't have passed the leadership to someone else if he was upset with what EA was telling him.

Then again, maybe Luc was doing us all a big favor by leaving and having this game canceled. Who really knows what EA Land would have turned into and what EA would have forced him to change? The changes I saw were making this game less and less about Sims and more about a game that I didn't care to play.

Things to think about.

F

forsure01

Just wanted to give everyone the link where I saw that Luc left EA on April 21, 2008. I can't tell you if this is true or not. But here is the Link Moby Games announcement Here is the quote from the article "On April 21, 2008 Luc decided to part ways with EA and respond to the "urge to be an entrepreneur again." A brief history of Luc at EA and penned by Bing Gordon follows:"