• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What would happen to my pets?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I were to soulstone off all my taming related skills while I train something else, would all my pets in the stable be safe? I don't want to try it and find out that my stable slots shrunk back down and deleted some of my pets. I know I wouldn't be able to get any out of the stable, or put any in until I had the skill back on the character. But if I just left them alone would they be safe until I put taming back?

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I havent tried soulstoneing off the skill I have a spare tamer that I save pets on, he gets to 120 tame/lore thru jewlery. I had taken off the jewlery awhile back and was checking the pets that he had the other nite, took 1 pet out and then couldnt re-stable him hehe took me a min to figure out to put jewlery back on to give me the extra stable slots again.

So from this I would surmise that it wouldnt delete your pets but if you took them out you wouldnt be able to re-stable (or control)

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have taken off my taming skills on a char to train something before. The pets are find and remain happy in the stable. DON'T touch them. You won't be able to restable them with the reduced stable slots unless you have two or less in there and you won't be able to control them. You can ride one (Except lesser hiryu). Just don't command it.