• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What weapon for wisps?

G

I checked the hunters database and didn't see wisps listed. I wonder what with the event and all what type weapon worked best against these dark wisps, slayer type that is?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll need to have a tamer lore one of them to see which resist they are lowest in. Since I have chiv on my dexxor, I just use Consecrate Weapon and I always attack their lowest resist.

G

I do have a pixie swatter sitting in a chest. I'll give it a try.

G

I did lore a couple last nite they only had 2x resists that were high on the couple i checked - was energy and (i think) physical was the other - they had very low fire resists for certain which was what I targeted for. Have heard that they FEY slayer does work well on this event but since only fey slayer is a mace wep this wont help everyone. So suggest go after good fire damage

***OOPS just remembered Pixie Swatter is a UBWS (I believe) so everyone can use it ***

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep, it's Use Best Weapon Skill - And the nice thing is that, for some reason, the swatter is acting like a double-slayer (automatic maximum DI) against the fallen warriors.

My paladins, with only Stormgrip for DI, do the same amount of damage with or without Enemy of One to the warriors, with or without the gloves. Somewhere (depending on their resists) between 120 (low-end damage, versus higher-resist warrior) to the high 150s (high-end damage, low-fire-resist target).

Against the wisps, averaging the high 20s to low 30s, normally with the swatter, high 40s with Enemy of One. The downside is that the warriors hit for about 75 points per swing, if you have EoO up against the wisps (or anything else).

G

This just goes to prove either I need a bigger monitor or better glasses.
Thanks

G

<laughs> Try wiping that big coffee splash off the monitor ... that should do it.

G

I cant belive you would ever want to kill a wisp. try talking to it instead. you might learn something.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
well, the dark ones only want to say "DIE!" as they attack you, so they are hardly great conversationalists.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I cant belive you would ever want to kill a wisp. try talking to it instead. you might learn something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you haven't been to the rift in Moonglow? What I learned from the wisps there is that my short bowed legs can't outrun one. And for being a low level mage they get me pretty fast.